Introduction

  • Slvrshadows@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 19, 2010
      I'm new to the group and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Megan and I have been doing genealogy research for the past 10 years little bits here and there, recently becoming very serious about it. My paternal grandmother's family immigrated from San Fili and their names were Noto and Malfitano. My paternal grandfather's family is also from Calabria; my great-grandfather (Perri) was born in Platania and my great-grandmother was born in Cosenza. Her family (Chianelli) immigrated from Marano. My family settled in Kenosha, WI. I look forward to meeting everyone!

      Megan

    • Caesar, Karen M.
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 20, 2010
        Welcome Megan.

        Karen Caesar
        College of DuPage
        630-942-2238
        Warehouse Supervisor
        caesar@...

        I'm new to the group and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Megan and I have been doing genealogy research for the past 10 years little bits here and there, recently becoming very serious about it. My paternal grandmother' s family immigrated from San Fili and their names were Noto and Malfitano. My paternal grandfather' s family is also from Calabria; my great-grandfather (Perri) was born in Platania and my great-grandmother was born in Cosenza. Her family (Chianelli) immigrated from Marano. My family settled in Kenosha, WI. I look forward to meeting everyone!

        Megan

      • rose pennington
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 20, 2010
          Hi, Megan!  Welcome to the group.

          Rose Presta Pennington

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 20, 2010
            Welcome Megan,

            I have Chianellis, Perris, and Notos in my tree. Maybe we'll be able to make a connection!!

            Happy Hunting, Louise Juliani

          • Slvrshadows@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 20, 2010
              Thanks everyone for the welcome!

              Louise, it seems possible that we might have a connection somewhere. Very interesting that we share three family names! May I ask how those names fit into your tree?

              Megan Perri

              I have Chianellis, Perris, and Notos in my tree. Maybe we'll be able to make a connection!!

              Happy Hunting, Louise Juliani

            • LisaAnn
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 22, 2010
                Hi all. Welcome Megan. I put the database back online. You can't reach it from the website but you can get to it using this link:

                http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=marano

                Lisa