Catasto di Rende

  • cosentina2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2010
      The University of Calabria has put detailed information online from the Catasto from Rende. I thought some of you would like to take a look.
      http://www.archicalabria.it/Catasto.asp?Comune=Rende&Invia.x=88&Invia.y=9
    • charlene misurelli
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2010
        Awesome! Can't read the Italian, but I did find one ancestor with Misurelli name there.
        Can't link it now, but good to have in the future.
        Thanks so much!
        Charlene Misurelli
        Calgary, Alberta Canada

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 25, 2010
          Thanks for the link!  Great find!

          The "Informazioni" link on the left of the page takes you to the details regarding the records.  I cannot completely understand all that is written, but I believe it indicates that the process was started in 1741 and completed around 1743. If anyone can make certain connection (from civil records to catasti, please share your success story.  I cant wait to dig in.

          If you go to "Home", notice that there are catasti from other towns available.

          Lisa