Re: [maranofamilies] Point of Interest

  • Michael Rolland
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 7, 2007
      Hi,

      Have any of you ever been back to Marano, any of the surrounding towns, or Calabria in general?

      I ask because I just came back to Bologna from that area yesterday, and I have a lot of photos for those of you who have never been there.  I will get around to putting them online soon; once I do, I'll send a link to the album out to the list.

      We (my mother, father, sister and I) took a drive through Rende, Marano Marchesato, Marano Principato, and Cerisano; we went to those specific towns because my mother's four grandparents were from those four towns.  As I'm sure most of you realize they are all along the same road outside Cosenza, and today are almost contiguous.

      It's a beautiful place, I hope you all enjoy the pictures when I post them.

      Ciao!

      - Michael

      On 6/30/07, Helen Anderson < hja_42@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      This is a point of interest for those of you who live
      in the Kenosha area. The University of
      Wisconsin-Parkside has a wonderful archive department.
      The archist was able to locate an old newspaper
      article from the Telegrah-Courier of 1911 for me. Also
      found transcripts of a court trial that occurred in
      1911.

      Just thought some of you would be interested. At the
      time that I requested the information, it was by
      donation. Maybe now there is a fee.

      Helen

      Michael E. ROLLAND
      mrolland@...
      +39 380 344 8934
      FAX: +1 206 222 2375

      Via Centotrecento 11
      40126 Bologna BO
      Italia
    • BILL CHIAPPETTA
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 7, 2007

        Please send the pictures to me thank you

        BILL CHIAPPETTA

        http://answers. yahoo.com/ dir/?link= list&sid=396545469

        --
        Michael E. ROLLAND
        mrolland@uwm. edu

        Via Centotrecento 11
        40126 Bologna BO
        Italia

      • Diane PATTERSON
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 8, 2007

          Thank you Michael, I have not been there yet,and look forward to seeing your pictures.  Maybe that will inspire me to get with it and make a trip over myself.

          Ciao  Diane Belmonte Patterson

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 8, 2007
            Michael,

            I would love to see those pictures, especially of
            Cosenza and Rende.

            Helen

          • rose pennington
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 8, 2007
              Hi Michael,

              I'm really looking forward to seeing your pictures.

              Rose

[...]

              Got a little couch potato?

            • Diane PATTERSON
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 8, 2007