Group activity

  • Helen Anderson
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 4, 2006
      Hi,

      Just wondering if there has been any activity within
      the group.

      Helen

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • rose pennington
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 4, 2006

        Hi Everybody,

        I was wondering that too.  Maybe we all melted - it's been so hot (at least in the U.S.)!

        Rose
        Helen Anderson <hja_42@...> wrote:
        Hi,

        Just wondering if there has been any activity within
        the group.

        Helen

        Do You Yahoo!?
        http://mail. yahoo.com

      • Michael E. ROLLAND
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2006
          Hi everyone!

          Well, other than the heat, I've had another reason not to post lately -
          I've been pretty busy preparing for a pretty big deal in my life. I'm
          moving to Bologna, Italy to study for a year! I leave in just a few
          weeks, August 23rd.

          Of course Bologna is nowhere near Marano, but it's certainly than
          Milwaukee is ;) . I will definitely be making a trip down there, that's
          for sure, and my parents and sister will be coming over as well.

          I do have one thing to report besides that - I've not been able to find
          a marriage certificate for my great-grandparents. Married in Racine or
          Kenosha, Wisconsin in August 1907. That was literally just a month
          before it was required (by law) to report vital records to the State, so
          the state Dept. of Vital records has no record. The Archdiocese so far
          can't find anything in any of the parishes I have tried searching. I'm
          getting anxious, as I want to have this certificate before I leave,
          since I would need it to apply for Italian citizenship, which I am
          contemplating doing while over there.

          If anyone has any suggestions as to how I should go about looking for
          it, I'd much appreciate it. I have yet to go to the LDS center so that
          may be the obvious answer, but I am getting nervous now that I might not
          find it at all.

          Thanks everyone!

          - Michael

          rose pennington wrote:

          > Hi Everybody,
          >
          > I was wondering that too. Maybe we all melted - it's been so hot (at
          > least in the U.S.)!
          >
          > Rose
          > */Helen Anderson <hja_42@...>/* wrote:
          >
          > Hi,
          >
          > Just wondering if there has been any activity within
          > the group.
          >
          > Helen

          > http://mail.yahoo.com <http://mail.yahoo.com/>
        • Helen Anderson
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2006
            Hi Michael,

            Have you checked the recent updates that Lisa has
            posted. That might give an idea as where to start.

            By the way congratulations on your move to Bologna!

            Helen

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 5, 2006
              Rose,

              I haven't melted. Although I felt like I was in a
              sauna at times, I'm still here. Right now there is a
              bit of a reprieve in our weather. Just got this months
              gas and light bill. Hopefully next month it will go
              back down.

              Helen

              http://mail.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 19, 2006
                Hi all,

                There hasn't been much genealogy work on my end this
                summer, but I just uploaded the indeces that Louise
                Juliani, Jeff Caracci, and Rose Pennington transcribed
                earlier this summer.

                Check out newly posted death records' indeces for
                1886-1895.

                http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilfmm/Data/marindex.html

                Lisa Perkins

                http://mail.yahoo.com