New indeces posted

    Message 1 of 5 , May 9, 2006
      Hi all,
      I finally transcribed the last of the indeces that I scanned a year
      ago!! This past weekend I posted the death indecis for 1866-1879.

      Also over the weekend I visited the FHC and scanned several other
      documents, death indecis from 1880-1900, and birth indecis from
      1901-1907. I will begin plodding through transcribing those
      soon/eventually.

      Because it is possible, I thought I would give any of you the
      opportunity to help with this effort, only if you are interested. The
      project would involve viewing the image of the index and typing the
      information best you can in either excel or word. You would then send
      your transcription file to me and I would post it on the web.

      In order to help you make your decision, I posted 2 files containing
      the 1880 death index in the "files" section of this group mailing
      list. Before you say you would like to help, please take a look at
      these files to see what you would be dealing with.

      Warning: it is a tedious task, and rather boring. Please don't feel
      obligated. This is only for those who are looking for something to
      do. If nobody steps up, I will get to it eventually.

      Lisa
    • Oldiani@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , May 9, 2006
        Dear Lisa,

        Count me in.  I'd be happy to help.  I did those other transcriptions a few years back and really enjoyed it.  You feel like you know all the families in MM when you get done. I have both excel and word.

        Louise

      • rose pennington
        Message 3 of 5 , May 9, 2006
          Lisa,
          Hi!  I'd like to give it a try.  I'd enjoy the challenge.
          Rose

          Lisa Perkins <LPRoots@...> wrote:
[...]

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Message 4 of 5 , May 9, 2006
            Dear Rose and Louise,
            Thanks so much for the offer. I will email you guys some files
            directly to your email address. When you get through with those, you
            can let me know if you want any more.

            Thank you so much!

            Lisa

            --- In maranofamilies@yahoogroups.com, rose pennington <rose1ro@...>
            wrote:

            > Lisa,
            > Hi! I'd like to give it a try. I'd enjoy the challenge.
            > Rose
            >
            > Lisa Perkins <LPRoots@...> wrote:
            > Hi all,
            > I finally transcribed the last of the indeces that I scanned a year
            > ago!! This past weekend I posted the death indecis for 1866-1879.
            >
            > Also over the weekend I visited the FHC and scanned several other
            > documents, death indecis from 1880-1900, and birth indecis from
            > 1901-1907. I will begin plodding through transcribing those
            > soon/eventually.
            >
            > Because it is possible, I thought I would give any of you the
            > opportunity to help with this effort, only if you are interested. The
            > project would involve viewing the image of the index and typing the
            > information best you can in either excel or word. You would then send
            > your transcription file to me and I would post it on the web.
            >
            > In order to help you make your decision, I posted 2 files containing
            > the 1880 death index in the "files" section of this group mailing
            > list. Before you say you would like to help, please take a look at
            > these files to see what you would be dealing with.
            >
            > Warning: it is a tedious task, and rather boring. Please don't feel
            > obligated. This is only for those who are looking for something to
            > do. If nobody steps up, I will get to it eventually.
            >
            > Lisa

            > Italy cell phone rental Italy tour Italy accommodation
            Italy calling card Italy phone card Italy wedding

            Service.

            > ---------------------------------
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

            Message 5 of 5 , May 28, 2006
              Dear Marano Researchers,

              Over the past week I have posted several death indecis
              between 1880-1890 as well as births from 1901-1904.

              Check them out!
              http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilfmm/Data/marindex.html

              Thanks to Rose, Louise, and Jeff for transcribing
              records.

              Lisa

              http://mail.yahoo.com