Translation of "Esposito Nutrito"

  • Helen Anderson
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 15, 2006
      Hi everyone,

      I just came across another terminology that I am
      unfamiliar with.

      This term 'esposito nutrito" was found in some death
      records that I was researching. A woman's name was
      given, but the person was listed as not having any
      parents, "genitori incetti". Could this woman have
      been a foster mother?

      Helen

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • rose pennington

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 16, 2006
          Helen,
          Was esposito nutrito supposed to be a description of
          her occupation or condition? If so, I would guess it
          means she was a person who nursed other orphans. Or
          perhaps she ran a home for orphans...

          Was she married? Who were the witnesses and their
          occupations?

          Lisa

          --- Helen Anderson <hja_42@...> wrote:

          > Hi everyone,
          >
          > I just came across another terminology that I am
          > unfamiliar with.
          >
          > This term 'esposito nutrito" was found in some death
          > records that I was researching. A woman's name was
          > given, but the person was listed as not having any
          > parents, "genitori incetti". Could this woman have
          > been a foster mother?
          >
          > Helen

          > protection around
          > http://mail.yahoo.com

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Helen Anderson
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 17, 2006
            Lisa,

            As I understood the record,the terminology referred to
            the person. Maybe the woman listed was a nurse or some
            sort of caregiver. I'll take another look at those
            records next week when I go back to FHC. These records
            are from Rende. Maybe the records from Marano
            Marchesato would have different wording.

            Thanks for the reply.

            Helen

            http://mail.yahoo.com