1874 Civil Record

  • Tony Molinaro
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2006
      Lisa;

      I have another Civil Records question for you.

      Within this site, I am looking at the 1874 Civil Records for births
      in Marano Principato. The Family History Library Film Number is
      1608135. For the name Rosa Conforti (who is my great grand-mother,
      and who I thought was born in nearby Castrolibero), does this mean
      that this record shows that she was born in Marano Principato? Or
      does it just mean that the Marano Principato records had registered
      all the births in nearby towns?

      I've been searching for this birth record for a long time, so I'm
      very interested in this document entry. Is Rosa just a name on a
      list within this Family History Library Film? Or does this Film
      hold the actual birth certificate?

      Tony Molinaro
      Caraol Stream, IL
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2006
        Tony,
        Just to clarify, the indecis of the Marano Principato
        records, are not on the Marano Marchesato site - we
        just have a link to the site which has these indecis.
        The Marano Principato records were transcribed and are
        published by Bob Tenuta, whom I believe is silently a
        member of this list - I do not know for sure.

        Regarding what the birth records mean - if the birth
        is recorded in Marano Principato - this is where the
        birth occurred. As far as I know, the towns do not
        record births that happened in neighboring towns.

        I know that you viewed the index for Marano
        Principato, but did you actually view the record? I
        ask you to use caution, as Rosa Conforti is a common
        name. You should look at the film and the actual
        record to make sure that the parent's names jive with
        what you thought.

        Note that film 1608135 is on permanent loan at the
        Schaumburg family history center, not too far for you.

        Lisa