Re: [maranofamilies] Catasto Onciaro help

    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 2, 2005
      Hi Michael,
      I received help on my correspondence to the archives
      from someone else and have sent the archives a message
      telling them that I want the cds and am ready to pay
      for them. I asked for a suggestion on the best way to
      pay them. We will see what they say....

      Lisa Perkins

      === message truncated ===

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Michael Rolland
      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 2, 2005
        Lisa,

        Glad to hear that you got things rolling. I had written wrote a draft
        of the email, and last week I asked my Italian teacher for help with
        it. However, she is in Italy right now, and she just responded a few
        minutes ago to let me know that she got my question and that she will
        be glad to help. She said she will pass along the corrections soon. I
        will send them out to the group for posterity, as an example of a
        well-written request in Italian.

        Please let us know what the Archives say.

        On 02 Aug 2005, at 15:39, Lisa Perkins wrote:

> [...]
        > > you provide me with any

        > > Chicago, and I go down
        > > certainly not mind

        > > Perkins

        > > you
        > > from
        > > last
        > > field

        > > There
        > > Italian
        > > was
        > > to a
        > > would be
        > > and

        > > small
        > > too,
        > >
        > === message truncated ===

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

        > Cosenza italy
        > Calabria italy
        > Italy
        >
        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >
        > ▪  Visit your group "maranofamilies" on the web.

      • Michael Rolland
        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 2, 2005
          Daniel,

          If you are still reading these messages, I would like to thank you for
          helping me contact the Archives in Cosenza to get my
          great-grandfather's birth certificate. I have a question about your
          communication with the Archives, if you don't mind.

          When you asked them for a copy of your grandfather's certificate, did
          the Archives ever respond to your email, or did they just send the
          certificate?

          I am wondering because I sent them an email about a week ago and they
          have not responded. Should I expect a response by email, or do you
          think they will just send the certificate?

          How long did it take them to send you the certificate?

          Thank you,

          On 22 Jul 2005, at 15:51, Daniel Edgardo Espesir wrote:

          > Dear Michael: I used the way of writting to the Sindaco of Marano
          > (effectively, the Comune don't have an e-mail). And I did'nt get any
          > fruit.
          > But, then I send an e-mail to Archivio di Stato di Cosenza (e-mail:
          > ascs@... ). They send me a copy of birth of my
          > grand-father and one of the marriage of his parents, my
          > greatgrandfathers. The prize: 1,16 euros.
          > Unfortunately, I don't tell them that I need this copies with the
          > proper autentifications for getting the italian citizenship. So, I
          > wrote again. The prize (I don't remeber now) is more expensive.
          > But, Eureka! In this way, you could find your official copies, with
          > costs, yes, but lower than if you offer the job to an proffesional
          > genealogist.
          > Any doubt, don't hesitate in write me.
          > Daniel Espesir, from Argentina
          >
          > 1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
          > Correo Yahoo!, el mejor correo web del mundo
          > Abrí tu cuenta aquí

          > Cosenza italy
          > Calabria italy
          > Italy
          >
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >
          > ▪  Visit your group "maranofamilies" on the web.

          > Service.

        • Daniel Edgardo Espesir
          Message 4 of 30 , Aug 2, 2005
            Dear Michael: of course, I'm still reading these messages.
            I wrote to Archivio di Cosenza in 20/II/05 (or in an american way, 2/20/05).
            They answered me by mail, with the information achieved and the prize, at 28 of February.
            Then, I don't answer, but in 7th. of April they sent me the copies. Later, I sent the money (1,65 euros or something lije that).
            When I wrote asking for certified copies, they informed me the prize: 11 euros.
            In 28th. of February, they told me that I must send the money in a closed envelope.
            For the moment, with the facta of simple copies, I sent a letter to the Sindaco (in this case, the tramitation is free). The reason: in Argentina, 11 euros is some money. But, I couldn't advance, I'll do this way.
            I hope you could understand my poor English.
            I saw you could read in Italian, but I use English for respect to the rest of the group.
            At your service
            Daniel Espesir, from La Plata, Argentina

            1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
            Abrí tu cuenta aquí
          • Graham Mehl
            Message 5 of 30 , Jan 5, 2006
              Lisa,
                  As you can see I am responding to your email regarding the question I asked a while back. Thus, I have not been able to get to the FHC near me to check the film in question. If you are going back any time soon, I would greatly appreciate it if you could look it up for me. I don't have and can not drive a car due to poor vision, so getting to the FHC is a pain most of the time. I do a lot of  my searching online these days. Thanks.
              --
              Graham Mehl

              Lisa Perkins wrote:
              Dear Graham,
              The first thing to do is to look at the actual
              marriage record (I only scanned a copy of the index,
              and all the information on the index is transcribed
              online).  The index immediately precedes or follows
              the individual marriage records on the same microfilm
              (1641041).

              The marriage record should indicate where Michele was
              born and list both his parents names.  At that point,
              you can look up his birth record on the appropriate
              microfilm that contains the birth records where he was
              born, whether it is in Marano Principato or Marano
              Marchesato.

              I have the details of which records are on on which
              microfilms from Marano Marchesato on our website, but
              if he were born in Marano Principato, you will want to
              look up which film to rent for Marano Principato.  You
              can do a search online at www.familysearch.org using
              the library catalog to get a list of film numbers for
              a town (do a "place" search).

              At this website you can also do a search for the the
              nearest family history center closest to your home.
              You would need to visit that family history center,
              and order the microfilm that you need (there is a fee
              of $3.50-4.00 for a few week loan.)  Usually the
              center calls or sends you a postcard when they receive
              the film.

              If you are patient, I can look at the marriage record
              for you, but I cannot commit to a date when I will be
              returning there.  I probably will not return before
              October.  Because of this, I strongly suggest that you
              embark on this on your own.  It is such an enjoyable
              thing to do and I am sure once you start, you will
              enjoy growing your tree by leaps and bounds.

              Lisa

              --- Graham Mehl <mehl@...> wrote:

              Lisa, I saw your recent updates of the indecis for
              1889. I am interested in one of this one.

              Groom 	Bride
              A Num 	First 	Last 	First 	Last

              29 	Michele 	Covello 	Francesca 	Conforti

              I know quite a bit about Francesca Conforti, and I
              believe I was able to find a connection on the
              Marano web sit for more.  I am more interested in
              Michele Covello.  How can I get access to what this
              index points to? I am trying to find out more of his
              family and particularly Michele's siblings.  Can you
              direct me to a place to get such info.  My records
              indicate Michele or the Americanized version Michael
              Henry Covello was b 11 May 1854 in Marano
              Principato; m 1889 in Marano Marchesato; d. 1 Dec
              1916 in Marano Principato.  I checked to see if you
              had an index of 1854 births and you did not list it.
              I believe Michele Covello's parents were Luigi
              Covello and Rosa Caira.   It is believed Luigi was
              b. 1819/1820 d. after 1872. Rosa Caira unconfirmed
              birth before 1846 and death after 1872.

              --
              Graham L. Mehl                        E-mail:
              gmehl@...

              Genealogical Researching: Covello, Fetzer, Mehl,
              Westphal, Simpson

              Lisa Perkins wrote:

              Hi everyone,

              I Just added indecis of Marriages from 1880 - 1891
              (not 1882 yet).

              Check it out:
              http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilfmm/Data/marindex.html

              Lisa

              Message 6 of 30 , Jan 6, 2006
                Dear Graham,
                I will be happy to do the look ups for you. I just
                cannot promise when I will be back to the fhc. I am
                under home construction now. I will print your
                message out and figure out where to keep it so I
                remember to do it.

                Happy New Year!
                Lisa

                Just $16.99/mo. or less.