1826Re: [maranofamilies] I am off to Calabria!

    Aug 29 7:58 PM
      I will certainly do so. Thank you William.
      --- On Thu, 8/25/11, William Spizzirri <wspizzi@...> wrote:

      From: William Spizzirri <wspizzi@...>
      Subject: Re: [maranofamilies] I am off to Calabria!
      To: "maranofamilies@yahoogroups.com" <maranofamilies@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Thursday, August 25, 2011, 9:18 AM

      I forgot to mention, when I was in Marano Marchesato, I stopped at the church there and the priest was able to show me the book with the record of my fathers baptism in 1915. I was able to photograph it. The city hall can also help with old records and you can photograph them also or perhaps they can make a copy for you. It's best to go to these places with someone that is local and speaks the local Italian. I think it helps a lot. There is a nice coffee shop across from City Hall. If you go there say hello to my cousin Mirko for me. He runs the shop.