1812Re: [maranofamilies] Re: Trip to Cosenza

  • Erminia Angilletta
    Aug 24, 2011
      Hi Dan,

      I'm in Toronto not too far from ST Clair Ave West - and yes, it was once heavily populated with Italians.  While there is still a large community of them here now, most have moved out to Woodbridge, etc.

      Last year the FHC began holding a Family History Conference  known as

      One World - One Family Conference  There were over 300 people in attendance including John where we presented him with some information about his family.  He has deep roots in Rovito and Luzzi.  This years workshop is being held at the FHC I usually go on Sept 17 at 24 Ferrand Drive.  The information about it is here -

      http://www.oneworldonefamily-theevent.com/

      Not sure if I will  be attending again this year but I am thinking about it since it was a lot of fun last year.  Also a great place to meet people without breaking the bank [attendance is only $20 and they provide a box lunch].
      Nuccia
      http://www.gentedimaregenealogy.com
      http://www.calabriaexchange.com
      "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one"

      On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 7:21 PM, Dan Plastina <dan.plastina@...> wrote:

      Hi Nuccia,

      Not sure which conference you are referring to but the temple/resource center is indeed the one I'm referring to. I live in the Town of Caledon which borders Brampton. John Sprovieri is a Regional Councillor in Brampton serving Wards 9 and 10. Brampton has a population of about 500,000 whereas Caledon covers a much larger area but has a population of about 60,000. Italians constitute the largest ethnic group in the Greater Toronto area.

      Are you Canadian or from the USA?

      Dan