mapsource Beta

  • guido_p_schmidt
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 1, 2008
      there is a new beta version of mapsource.

      Changes made from version 6.13.7 to 6.14.0.1:

      * Changed map rendering technology to provide visual improvements.
      This may cause slower rendering on some older machines.
      * Incorporated new artwork into splash screen and application icons.
      * Added new product info dialog.
      * Added support for U.S. National grid and Swedish SWREF99 grid.
      * Fixed an issue when trying to set the PC clock on Vista.
      * Added ability to change the color of routes.

      Added new product info dialog: so see for your custom if it showing up
      well.

      With some custom map i did get an error opening mapsource beta. The
      gives the map name of the error map. quit useful

      Also the TYP in mapsource has changed a lot, the beta can be used
      together with the normal version.

      Guido
    • Jeramey Valley
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 2, 2008
        At 7:57 AM +0000 6/1/08, guido_p_schmidt wrote:
        >there is a new beta version of mapsource.

        I'm having no luck with custom maps already installed; some of these
        have custom TYP files and some do not.

        Has anyone gotten the beta to run with custom maps? Testing here and
        it won't start, keeps complaining about each custom map (and
        continues to do so until all are uninstalled).

        Did you have to do any tricks to make it work?

        6.1.37 still works fine on the same machine.
        --

        Regards,

        Jeramey Valley
        jvalley@...
      • Red Ninety
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 2, 2008
          It works with my custom maps which have TYP customization. It failed on th
          Malaysia maps. I have not played with it much as there are some pretty
          serious problems with it.

          - No labels.
          - Incorrect aspect ratio.

          http://www.calgarycachers.net/trailmaps/Calgary%20Trail%20Map%20Preview%20Be
          ta.zip

          _____

          At 7:57 AM +0000 6/1/08, guido_p_schmidt wrote:
          >there is a new beta version of mapsource.

          I'm having no luck with custom maps already installed; some of these
          have custom TYP files and some do not.

          Has anyone gotten the beta to run with custom maps? Testing here and
          it won't start, keeps complaining about each custom map (and
          continues to do so until all are uninstalled).

          Did you have to do any tricks to make it work?

          6.1.37 still works fine on the same machine.
          --

          Regards,

          Jeramey Valley
          jvalley@mac. <mailto:jvalley%40mac.com> com

        • guido_p_schmidt
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 2, 2008
            it seems that it has also problems with map names with spaces.

            Also illegal maps with no FID are giving problems.

            the beta version give the named of the error map.

            You can delete from the registry or uninstall it.

            guido

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 2, 2008
              At 6:10 PM +0000 6/2/08, guido_p_schmidt wrote:

              >it seems that it has also problems with map names with spaces.

              I'm not seeing this, can you elaborate? I have OEM Garmin maps
              installed with spaces in the names.

              >Also illegal maps with no FID are giving problems.

              Do you mean a map that had no "FID=##" in the PV file, or one that
              had a specific number/range used?
              --

              Regards,

              Jeramey Valley
              jvalley@...
            • guido_p_schmidt
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 2, 2008
                if you make your own map you will always have an FID in de img section
                of your map.

                A few maps that didn't work had an space in the name, like Open GPS NZ .
                This one I got an error on.

                --- In map_authors@yahoogroups.com, Jeramey Valley <jvalley@...> wrote:

                > At 6:10 PM +0000 6/2/08, guido_p_schmidt wrote:
                > >
                > >it seems that it has also problems with map names with spaces.
                >
                > I'm not seeing this, can you elaborate? I have OEM Garmin maps
                > installed with spaces in the names.
                >
                > >Also illegal maps with no FID are giving problems.
                >
                > Do you mean a map that had no "FID=##" in the PV file, or one that
                > had a specific number/range used?
                > --
                >

                > Regards,
                >
                > Jeramey Valley
                > jvalley@...

              • bakumatt
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 4, 2008
                  --- In map_authors@yahoogroups.com, "guido_p_schmidt" <guido@...> wrote:

                  > if you make your own map you will always have an FID in de img section
                  > of your map.
                  >
                  > A few maps that didn't work had an space in the name, like Open GPS
                  NZ .
                  > This one I got an error on.

                  My Maps do not work with the Beta, unless I uninstall them, and re
                  install with an FID specified in MapSet Toolkit. However they run fine
                  in 6.13 with a blank entry in this field.

                  BakuMatt
                • misc_box
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 18, 2008
                    I think I've figured out what is going on - at least I figured why my
                    maps didn't work and was able to fix them.

                    If anyone is interested I can post the details up in the next couple
                    of days.
                  • Red Ninety
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 18, 2008
                      Let us know.

                      They have just released the non-beta version....

                      _____

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 19, 2008
                        There's postings on other Garmin groups about the new version and there's still problems with that...

                        Maybe that's why when I look for updates from the Mapsource help menu it doesn't find one - think I'll stick with 6.13.7 like you for now...

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 19, 2008
                          I'd think it has to do with spaces in the mapname. Use a underscore
                          instead of a space.

                          --- In map_authors@yahoogroups.com, Nick W <nickw7coc@...> wrote:

                          > There's postings on other Garmin groups about the new version and
                          there's still problems with that...

                          > Maybe that's why when I look for updates from the Mapsource help
                          menu it doesn't find one - think I'll stick with 6.13.7 like you for
                          now...

                          Groups Links