Still a question on Mapcenter2 use

  • John Philbrook
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2007
      A while back I posted a question on finding a tutorial for handling
      the mapcenter2 posted files and converting them to img files and
      but none has yet enabled me to recover mapcenter maps and load into
      mapsource. As you know there are lots of available maps on the site-
      each entry contains source and binary files and occasionally
      installers. I have downloaded some and unzipped and have a
      collection of mp and other files -- I assume these must be compiled
      using the online compiler to generate img files--is that correct?
      and if so although I am registered with Mapcenter2 I cannot find a
      link to the online cGPSmapper compiler. I assume if I can find that
      link that i need to compile the downloaded files to generate img
      files and then load those into mapsource with manual registry
      entries or using one of the freeware or shareware programs to modify
      the registry. The Dutch tutorial may provide this info but the
      translation throught altavista was not good enough to be useable.

      My frustration level is high but I am determined to prevail--any
      help appreciated. There are a good many entries under the tutorial
      heading in map center but I have not found any tutorials--just maps--
      under that heading

      Thanks again-sorry to be a broken record

      John Philbrook