using maps with gpsmap 76csx

  • farchumbre
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30 12:15 PM
      hi,
      I have a garmin gpsmap 76csx, I uploaded some of the .img maps to the
      gps's card but it doesn't recognize them.
      do I have to modify the maps somehow so they will work with gamin's gps?

      thanks

      german
    • P.Casaretto F.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2007
        Hi

        Just upload maps to gps's card doesn't work.
        You have to load it to gps with some program like Mapsource (Garmin) ou
        Sendmap.
        []s,
        Paulo

        --
        []'s,

        Paulo Casaretto F.
        S26,99384 W48,63548
        http://www.casaretto.trix.net/ Skype: casaretto
        cel: +55(47) 99835486

      • charlylopezph
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2007
          me tried to download some maps from internet in the form of
          99999999.img and renamed it to gmapsupp.img and placed it in a
          MicroSD . Loaded MicroSD into my GPSr but did NOT work. Found out
          that I had to use SendMap20 to create GMAPSUPP.img and it worked.

          --- In map_authors@yahoogroups.com, "P.Casaretto F." <casaretto@...>