Information needed

  • syeameha
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2002
      Hi:
      Iam a novice in the field of GPS so i need some information regarding
      GPS system.
      1). How these Devices work.
      2). Does these devices work with Palm Pc.
      3). I want to use this device in my town, can i use it ?.
      Waiting for u ppl's response.
      Bilgrami
    • gps_maps
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2002
        Bilgrami,

        Not much discussion here about Palm applications. This group is
        primarily a resource for folks who use GPS and software to produce
        maps.

        However, as Palm-type devices increases in popularity, members of
        this group will want to know how to create GPS Maps for use with Palm-
        GPS hardware and software.

        So, here are some links regarding Palm-GPS hardware and software that
        may be of interest to you and others:

        Delorme Mapping Software and GPS Hardware for Palm
        http://www.delorme.com/roadwarrior/solus3.asp
        http://www.delorme.com/products/gps.htm

        Magellan GPS Hardware for Palm
        http://www.magellangps.com/products/gps_companion.htm

        GeoDiscovery - GPS ("Geode") for HandSpring Visor
        http://www.geodiscovery.com/home.html

        Nexian - HandyGPS for HandSpring Visor
        http://www.nexian.com/

        Fugawi for the Palm
        http://www.fugawi.com/docs/palm.html

        OziExplorer for devices running WindowsCE
        http://216.40.224.145/ozice/oziexplorerce1.html

        Discussion Forums
        Aviation Applications
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/palmpilotpilots/
        Discuss in Portuguese
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/palm-gps/

        If other's know of similar links, please reply to this thread.
        Regards,
        Doug

        --- In map_authors@y..., "syeameha" <syeameha@y...> wrote:
        > Hi:
        > Iam a novice in the field of GPS so i need some information
        regarding
        > GPS system.
        > 1). How these Devices work.
        > 2). Does these devices work with Palm Pc.
        > 3). I want to use this device in my town, can i use it ?.
        > Waiting for u ppl's response.
        > Bilgrami
      • Rob Thomas
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2002
          Hi

          On 5 Feb 2002, at 11:45, gps_maps wrote:
          > So, here are some links regarding Palm-GPS hardware and software that
          > may be of interest to you and others:
          <snip>

          Probably the best consolidated GPS site on the net:

          http://joe.mehaffey.com/

          Regards

          Rob

          --