[ GPS Maps ] Re: Time for phone app update

  • Doug
    Message 1 of 41 , Apr 23 7:34 AM
      --- I wrote:
      > I just bought HTC Pure (Unlocked, US AT&T Version of HTC Touch Diamond2)

      Busted. I put the SIM from my old phone into my new HTC Pure this weekend. On the same day I received an email from ATT telling me that "for my convenience" they upgraded my data plan to accommodate my new smartphone. I called and asked for a pay-as-you-go option and they had no such plan. Darn, I was hoping they wouldn't notice. I told them to put my account back the way it was and I would switch back to the old phone. In the meantime, I will be using the new phone as a PDA with wifi access only, and looking for a new wireless service provider.

      For $30/mo I can feed a village. I would be interested to hearing recommendations for wireless service providers that will accommodate incidental internet usage, but this should probably be a new discussion subject-thread.

      - Doug
    • Bill Fuhrmann
      Message 41 of 41 , Apr 23 10:36 AM
        T-mobile has a pay monthly plan for $50 with unlimited phone, text, and web.
        100 meg at 4g speed, then it drops to 3g

        Walmart has their "family" plan for $45 with unlimited phone, text, and web
        but it is only 3g. They use the T-mobile network.

        Neither of those plans will work outside the US. You would need to get a
        new sim card for that.

        I went with the T-mobile plan because they had a sale of $100 less for the
        same phone and they would unlock it after 3 months, but that really doesn't
        matter to you.