Re: [ GPS Maps ] Re: Time for phone app update

  • Bill Fuhrmann
    Message 1 of 41 , Apr 19 10:42 AM
      I just got a new Samsung Exhibit 4g for $100 from T-Mobile.
      It was an instant $50 rebate from Samsung but requires one month on their
      $60 non-contract service.
      The service level can be changed (or dropped) after the first month and they
      will unlock the phone after 3 months (planning to go to Canada in mid summer
      and will probably get a Canadian sim card).

      > Spring for $100 and get a good used Android
      >
      > GPSGary
    • Bill Fuhrmann
      Message 41 of 41 , Apr 23 10:36 AM
        T-mobile has a pay monthly plan for $50 with unlimited phone, text, and web.
        100 meg at 4g speed, then it drops to 3g

        Walmart has their "family" plan for $45 with unlimited phone, text, and web
        but it is only 3g. They use the T-mobile network.

        Neither of those plans will work outside the US. You would need to get a
        new sim card for that.

        I went with the T-mobile plan because they had a sale of $100 less for the
        same phone and they would unlock it after 3 months, but that really doesn't
        matter to you.