Re: [ GPS Maps ] Re: Last version of cgpsmapper?

  • Peter Zelinka
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2010
      Thanks for the update Stan, much appreciated to know from first source what is going on behind the curtain.

      I see a sign of positive development as Garmin the very first time officially mentioned 3rd party maps and at the same time admitted some issues with 3rd party maps when using Mapsource. http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=209

      Thanks
      Peter

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 4, 2010
        But maybe Garmin was talking about official 3rd party maps produced by MPC.

        --- In map_authors@yahoogroups.com, Peter Zelinka <pzet01@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for the update Stan, much appreciated to know from first source what is going on behind the curtain.
        >
        > I see a sign of positive development as Garmin the very first time officially mentioned 3rd party maps and at the same time admitted some issues with 3rd party maps when using Mapsource. http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=209
        >
        > Thanks
        > Peter
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Stan
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 8, 2010
          --- In map_authors@yahoogroups.com, Peter Zelinka <pzet01@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for the update Stan, much appreciated to know from first source what is going on behind the curtain.
          >
          > I see a sign of positive development as Garmin the very first time officially mentioned 3rd party maps and at the same time admitted some issues with 3rd party maps when using Mapsource. http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=209

          I'm sorry, but I do also not believe - there is any reference to the 'real 3rd party' maps :( - for me - this is MPC related only...
        • Stan
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 8, 2010
            One more comment,

            As I saw in other forums doubts about the program itself - so I want to make it clear -

            Whatever I'll decide - will I succeed in starting open initiative to continue work or not - clearly last version of the program will be available - moreover - the full routable version will be also freely available, but no sooner than end of this year.

            Also, still I'll try to fix found bugs in the program...

            --- In map_authors@yahoogroups.com, "NepalGPSMap.com" <schlenn@...> wrote:

            > Hi all!
            >
            > Has anybody some news from Stan? I just read at http://www.cgpsmapper.com/download/Readme0100.txt
            >
            > "Version 100 is expected to be the final and last version of cGPSmapper program, no further development is expected - only bug fixes.
            > Support will be provided till end of 2010"
            >
            > Anybody knows more?
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Michael

          • panekcr
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 27, 2010
              I've been out of the loop for a few months, but is this related to mapcenter2 being down?

              Sorry to hear that Garmin is being sticky about all this. There's been a lot of great work done by a lot of people, all made possible by
              cGPSmapper. It would be a shame to see it all fade away..

              Charlie