GPSMapEdit Version 57 released May 4th. Auto Vector Draw

  • bakumatt
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2009
      GPSMapEdit 1.0 (update 57.0)(May 4th, 2009)

      New feature: The semi-automatic vectorizer tool is introduced
      (please see menu items 'Tools | Create Object | Polyline: Vectorized' and 'Tools | Create Object | Polygon: Vectorized').

      The vectorizer draws polyline along sharpest contrast in raster base between two sequentially clicked points.
      Holding CTRL temporarily disables vectorization for the last segment making it stright line.
      The best result is achieved in vectorization of hydrography objects (lakes, rivers) from space/aero images.

      NOTE: This feature requires license key.
      In demo mode, vectorizer is availabe during 1 minute from the first using after every launching GPSMapEdit.
      Enhancement: Menu item 'Tools | Create Object | Polyline' and 'Polygon': holding CTRL temporarily activates the above mentioned semi-automatic vectorizer to be applied to the last segment.
      Releasing CTRL restores ordinary behaviour.

      Have not tried the new feature yet, but should be ideal for marine maps.

      Many thanks to Konstantin.
    • dope1975
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2009
        Strange, with GPSMapEdit 1.57.0 i can't open Ozyexplorer attachments.

        I went bak to previous version and will wait for a fix
      • bakumatt
        Message 3 of 3 , May 8, 2009
          > Strange, with GPSMapEdit 1.57.0 i can't open Ozyexplorer attachments.
          >
          > I went back to previous version and will wait for a fix

          I had the same issue till I also refreshed the licence file,
          as well as the executable file from the ZIP file.
          Not sure why, since it is only the text agreement,
          but possibly the new executable checks the date on the licence
          agreement, if Konstantin made some changes to the licence agreement.
          This does not affect your current licence key.

          regards,

          BakuMatt