Re: [arts-poetry-humanities] The Devil's music?

  • Brandon Van Every
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 11, 2013

      On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 10:48 PM, Robbie Hatley <jacobian.determinant@...> wrote:

      Rock & Roll is the most anarchic of music genres, encompassing the good, the
      bad, the beautiful, the ugly. Some of it really is "demonic" (that is, evil).

      Hm, what is the nature of "evil," in the written word?  Because I assume you mean the lyrics are evil, not the sounds.  I usually see evil as a matter action, not words.

      Much of it is stupid. Some of it is truly great.

      No argument there.

      Cheers,
      Brandon Van Every

    • Bruce Atchison - author
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 14, 2013
        There was a documentary on PBS in the early nineties about music. One point
        it did raise is that music effects the mood of the listeners. So it does do
        something to the listeners but not what certain supersticious folks warned
        it would do to me. BTW, I have that Nova special on VHS tape somewhere. I'll
        have to dig it out and digitize it.

        Sincerely,

        Bruce Atchison, author of How I Was Razed: A Journey from Cultism to
        Christianity. Available from www.store.virtualbookworm.com as well as Barnes
        & Noble and Amazon.com.