Creativity

  • Arnold Beekes
    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 1 12:59 AM
      What is creativity?

      I did find a great quote about it:

      " Creativity in this sense involves the power to originate, to break away from the existing
      ways of looking at things, to move freely in the realm of the imagination, to create and
      recreate worlds fully in one´s mind – while supervising all this with a critical inner eye.
      Creativity has to do with inner life, with the flow of new ideas and strong feelings."
      Dr Oliver Sacks

      And in what circumstances do you get your best ideas?
      For me it is during my running, in the car while driving and sometimes under the shower.

      What is your experience?
    • holdonlog
      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 2 1:34 PM
        I usually get creative on long flights, when I am rollerblading while
        my business partner runs or over drinks with a nice big pad of paper.
        When I am not pressed, then it seems to happen and I am amazed at all
        the possibilites that exist.

        We designed our first newsletter at a local place whose table cloth
        was a sheet of paper with crayons.

        I am new to the group, but I wanted to invite members who are
        performers to check out this link about how we started our business:

        http://holdonlog.com/pages/NEEDpg1-0305.html

        and how our tools can help other performers: http://www.holdonlog.com/

        and free tips here: http://www.holdonlog.com/pages/articles.html

        Thank you.

        Be BOLD,

        Kristina Hughes, President
        Holdon Log, LLC
        The Standard In Performer Organizational Tools
        www.HoldonLog.com
        "Log It, Track It, Book It!"

        Proudly Celebrating Our 8th Anniversary in 2008!

        > And in what circumstances do you get your best ideas?
        > For me it is during my running, in the car while driving and
        sometimes under the shower.

        > What is your experience?

      • Manuel Marino
        Message 3 of 25 , Jul 2 2:26 PM

          Why We Still Need Movie Critics "When the highest-grossing films get panned by critics, what good are critics? As publishers across the country dump their reviewers, this is not exactly a rhetorical question. Believe it or not, though, critically acclaimed films generally do better than critically panned films at the box office--if you measure their performance in the right way." Slate 07/01/08

        • Manuel Marino
          Message 4 of 25 , Jul 2 2:27 PM

            When Bad Novels Happen To Good Writers "The truth is that bad novels sometimes happen to good novelists. Absolute consistency is the hallmark of very few writers, particularly the more prolific ones. Must we, as readers, suffer bad prose for the sake of loyalty?" The Guardian (UK) 06/30/08

          • Manuel Marino
            Message 5 of 25 , Jul 2 2:27 PM

              The Art Of Architecture "Artists are always the laboratory for the first ideas, the first emotions. Architects take emotions from the streets, the art galleries, the museums; they steal. Architects often wish they were artists, and Jean Nouvel is of the artier kind." The Times (UK) 07/01/08

            • Manuel Marino
              Message 6 of 25 , Jul 2 2:28 PM

                The Age Of The Shrinking Movie Star "I am big. It's the pictures that got small," Norma Desmond famously griped in "Sunset Blvd." Now the reverse appears to be the rule: The pictures have gotten oversized while the stars are shrinking. Chicago Tribune 07/01/08

              • Pola Muzyka
                Message 7 of 25 , Jul 2 2:51 PM
                  Does anyone know a publisher looking for good novel? Here's my story...
                  Could use a personal reference, please:

                  Quote: 'I read Pola's synopsis and found myself wanting "the rest of
                  the story"'. -Marguerite Copelan, Madison, GA Chamber of Commerce
                  President

                  Escape the Hezbollah ... Faith and love survive in the face of the
                  brutality of sharia law.

                  Escape the Hezbollah is a dynamic love story, primarily based on
                  truths, about a young American Christian of Iranian ancestry who was
                  inducted (abducted) into the Iranian 'moral police' (Hezbollah) while
                  living in Iran with his family.

                  This novel brings life to members of a culture whose intrusive
                  convictions have, until now, been obscured from complete societal
                  disclosure. Faith, victory and love prevail in the face of adversity -
                  in a country where crossing archaic moral boundaries could lead to
                  dismemberment or a cruel death.

                  Best classified as a romantic suspense novel for all ages.

                  Pola Muzyka is an accomplished and award winning writer, television
                  producer/director/host, stage director, artist and actress.   Pola has
                  written documentaries, television commercials and corporate videos and
                  a series of children's books, which she also illustrated.  She wrote
                  part of a script for renowned film director, Frederic Fellini, in the
                  1980’s, did research for four-time academy award winner, Danilo Donati,
                  who deemed her work ‘the most extensive research ever done on a film.’
                  Her profession has taken her to New York, Los Angeles, London, France
                  and Italy throughout a career spanning three decades. She has done both
                  starring and feature roles in Hollywood-based motion pictures, has
                  showcased her unique form of fine art in many galleries and is
                  currently developing and hosting an internet based television series.
                  In addition, Pola has twice toured India as a missionary, shooting
                  documentary films along the way.

                  My writing awards include: Addy Awards, NEPA Awards, AAf AdClub Awards,
                  and National Advertising Awards

                  On Jul 2, 2008, at 5:27 PM, Manuel Marino wrote:

                  > When Bad Novels Happen To Good Writers "The truth is that bad novels
                  > sometimes happen to good novelists. Absolute consistency is the
                  > hallmark of very few writers, particularly the more prolific ones.
                  > Must we, as readers, suffer bad prose for the sake of loyalty?" The
                  > Guardian (UK) 06/30/08

                • Bubblemum
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jul 2 6:36 PM
                    You might try contacting people at various conservative/Islamic watch sites, such as Robert Spencer at JihadWatch.  http://www.jihadwatch.org/  He has a book out about Islamic Jihad and might be able to steer you to his publisher or give you some tips.

                    Personally- it sounds like a really interesting book to me, I wouldn't ind reading it myself.

                    JoAnn in VA
                  • Erick Behymer

                      Message 10 of 25 , Jul 3 5:12 AM
                        Thank you, Eric. Publish America already sent me a contract for the
                        book. The only problem is that I counter offered and they haven't
                        gotten back to me. I looked them up online and they have lots of
                        problems. JoAnn came up with a good idea that I might follow through
                        with. Then again, my email to him might get deleted instead of read,
                        but it's worth a try.

                        How did your book do? Did you sell many copies? Did they stock it on
                        the shelves at Barnes and Nobel and Borders?

                        Having been in the business so long, I have friends who have talk shows
                        and they've agreed to have me guest, but if the book doesn't get on the
                        shelves, it won't do me any good. Let me know how you did with them.

                        Best,
                        Pola
                      • Pola Muzyka
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jul 3 5:12 AM
                          Thanks, JoAnn... I'll try this.

                          On Jul 2, 2008, at 9:36 PM, Bubblemum wrote:

                          > You might try contacting people at various conservative/Islamic watch
                          > sites, such as Robert Spencer at JihadWatch.
                          > http://www.jihadwatch.org/%c2%a0 He has a book out about Islamic Jihad and
                          > might be able to steer you to his publisher or give you some tips.
                          >
                          > Personally- it sounds like a really interesting book to me, I wouldn't
                          > ind reading it myself.
                          >
                          > JoAnn in VA

                        • Erick Behymer
                          Message 12 of 25 , Jul 3 6:50 AM
                            At the moment, it's still under pre-production stage.  From this point, it should roughly be 9 month at the latest before it's available in stores.  For the time being, I've been putting up flyers and I've created a myspace for it as well to try and get the ball rolling.  Hopefully, with a lot of the content being either offensive or controversial in nature, it will take off.  The myspace url is:  http://www.myspace.com/robertmaslowdrake

                            I've already got a side project for it done, which is a book on Chronomancy, and also about halfway done with the first sequel and partways done with the third.  I've also been working on a security suite which is guaranteed to be in a lot of major retailers/outlets within the next few months as well, along with the production of 2 band albums.

                            I've been asked by several people why I'm undertaking so many projects, and the reasoning is quite simple:  Money.  I've got a lot of soft tissue/nerve damage and tendonitis of the achille's tendon in my left foot, and quite frankly, working 40+ hours a week at McDonald's (and there aren't any better job opportunities that pay decently where I currently live) isn't going to cut it if I plan on getting it fixed within a reasonable amount of time.  Hopefully, if the projects (mainly the book) take off decently, I'll be able to get that fixed.  If they do well enough, hopefully I can live off the interest made from them.

                            On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 8:12 AM, Pola Muzyka <Pola@...> wrote:
                            Thank you, Eric. Publish America already sent me a contract for the book. The only problem is that I counter offered and they haven't gotten back to me. I looked them up online and they have lots of problems. JoAnn came up with a good idea that I might follow through with. Then again, my email to him might get deleted instead of read, but it's worth a try.

                            How did your book do? Did you sell many copies? Did they stock it on the shelves at Barnes and Nobel and Borders?

                            Having been in the business so long, I have friends who have talk shows and they've agreed to have me guest, but if the book doesn't get on the shelves, it won't do me any good. Let me know how you did with them.

                            Best,
                            Pola

                            Pola Muzyka, MTD
                            website: http://www.PolaMuzyka.com
                            E-mail:  Pola@...

                            On Jul 3, 2008, at 1:42 AM, Erick Behymer wrote:

                            If you're looking for a publisher, try http://www.publishamerica.com/

                            That's who I went through to get the shock/horror novel of mine published.  According to their site, their estimated publish release date is 1 year at the latest.

                            On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 9:36 PM, Bubblemum <bubblemum@...> wrote:
                            You might try contacting people at various conservative/Islamic watch sites, such as Robert Spencer at JihadWatch.  http://www.jihadwatch.org/  He has a book out about Islamic Jihad and might be able to steer you to his publisher or give you some tips.

                            Personally- it sounds like a really interesting book to me, I wouldn't ind reading it myself.

                            JoAnn in VA

                          • Bruce Atchison - author
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jul 3 8:09 AM
                              Greetings;

                              I'm not sure if Publish America is a good publisher. I seem to remember
                              there was some sort of legal problem with them but I can't remember what.
                              As with all businesses, it's very helpful to find out if any complaints were
                              launched against them.

                              Sincerely,

                              Bruce Atchison - author of Deliverance from Jericho (Six Years in a Blind
                              School) and When a Man Loves a Rabbit ((Learning and Living With Bunnies).

                              http://www.bookstream.biz/cgi-bin/bookstream/bookstore.cgi?overlord=Details&store_id=132

                              http://www.bookadz.com/whenaman.htm
                            • Brandon Van Every
                              Message 14 of 25 , Jul 3 4:34 PM
                                On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 3:59 AM, Arnold Beekes
                                <arnold.beekes@...> wrote:

                                > And in what circumstances do you get your best ideas?

                                I seem to have to wear myself out by playing some silly repetitive
                                game like Freeciv or The Battle For Wesnoth all night. Then around 5
                                am, when I'm finally sick of playing the damn thing, my brain will
                                finally kick into gear about what I want a game to actually be like.
                                I might get 30-60 minutes of original thought before I finally succumb
                                to slumber. I guess that's not the most efficient way to cause
                                creativity to happen, but it does seem predictable. So, sleep
                                deprivation + loss of will to keep my mind abuzz with more mundane
                                tasks.

                                I also get creative insight by letting a problem sit for a few days
                                that I've been stuck on. I tend to do enormous amounts of internet
                                research trying to figure out the answer to something. Like, "What is
                                the ultimate nature of combat?" I'll pull all sorts of articles off
                                the net, reading and reading and reading. I'll scribble all sorts of
                                things in my notebook, but for a problem that hard I don't really get
                                anywhere. Then insight finally comes when I let it rest for a few
                                days, let my intuitive mind / subconscious do the work. I try to make
                                progress on problems using tons of conscious effort, but when it is
                                not possible, the unconscious has to take the extensive materials and
                                synthesize better results.

                                Cheers,
                                Brandon Van Every
                              • Erick Behymer
                                Message 15 of 25 , Jul 3 9:10 PM
                                  Googled it, and there seems to be a few complaints/horror stories.  The contract I got from them was fairly straightforward, so I guess we'll see how this pans out.  Hopefully, for the better.

                                  On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Bruce Atchison - author <batchison@...> wrote:
                                  Greetings;

                                  I'm not sure if Publish America is a good publisher.  I seem to remember
                                  there was some sort of legal problem with them but I can't remember what.
                                  As with all businesses, it's very helpful to find out if any complaints were
                                  launched against them.

                                  Sincerely,

                                  Bruce Atchison - author of Deliverance from Jericho (Six Years in a Blind
                                  School) and When a Man Loves a Rabbit ((Learning and Living With Bunnies).

                                  http://www.bookstream.biz/cgi-bin/bookstream/bookstore.cgi?overlord=Details&store_id=132

                                  http://www.bookadz.com/whenaman.htm

                                  ------------------------------------

                                  This is the Official Yahoo Group of ManuelMarino.com http://manuelmarino.com the Music and Arts Weblog managed by Italian Music Composer and Producer Manuel Marino.

                                  "Manuel Marino is a former mp3.com artist who decided to strike out on his own after mp3.com's copyright scandal in 2000. His studio, MarinoSounds.com http://marinosounds.com provides audio for game, television and multimedia projects at as low a rate as possible in order to actively encourage business from the indie scene. Projects such as Derek Smart's Universal Combat and the X-com inspired UFO: Alien Invasion gave Marino a certain kudos, and his current work on the Morrowind ITP (Italian Translation Project) comprises a further step towards the mainstream. "Being 'indie' is like being in a big family. I feel that other independent musicians and designers are my brothers, and that they deserve my help," he told me. He's enjoyed the game experience so much that he's planning to establish a full-time dev team." (Paul Taylor, Music4Games)
                                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                                  <*> Your email settings:
                                     Individual Email | Traditional

                                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                                     (Yahoo! ID required)

                                  <*> To change settings via email:
                                     mailto:manuelmarino-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                     mailto:manuelmarino-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                • Pola Muzyka
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jul 4 5:10 AM
                                    Looks like they have hundreds of people speaking on their behalf,
                                    though, so I think there might be some disgruntled authors who, being
                                    authors, are using a poison pen against them because their books
                                    haven't sold much or for some other reason. Personally, if they can get
                                    the books published, I don't mind doing the PR, but I need to know that
                                    they'll make the books available at conventions and stock the books at
                                    barnes and nobel and borders, etc. when they are requested.

                                    On Jul 4, 2008, at 12:10 AM, Erick Behymer wrote:

                                    > Googled it, and there seems to be a few complaints/horror stories.
                                    > The contract I got from them was fairly straightforward, so I guess
                                    > we'll see how this pans out.  Hopefully, for the better.
                                    >
                                    > On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Bruce Atchison - author
                                    > <batchison@...> wrote:
                                    >>

                                    >> I'm not sure if Publish America is a good publisher.  I seem to
                                    >> remember
                                    >> there was some sort of legal problem with them but I can't remember
                                    >> what.
                                    >> As with all businesses, it's very helpful to find out if any
                                    >> complaints were
                                    >> launched against them.
                                    >>
                                    >> Sincerely,
                                    >>
                                    >> Bruce Atchison - author of Deliverance from Jericho (Six Years in a
                                    >> Blind
                                    >> School) and When a Man Loves a Rabbit ((Learning and Living With
                                    >> Bunnies).
                                    >>
                                    >> http://www.bookstream.biz/cgi-bin/bookstream/bookstore.cgi?
                                    >> overlord=Details&store_id=132
                                    >>
                                    >> http://www.bookadz.com/whenaman.htm
                                    >>

                                    >> ------------------------------------
                                    >>

                                    >> This is the Official Yahoo Group of ManuelMarino.com
                                    >> http://manuelmarino.com the Music and Arts Weblog managed by Italian
                                    >> Music Composer and Producer Manuel Marino.
                                    >>
                                    >> "Manuel Marino is a former mp3.com artist who decided to strike out
                                    >> on his own after mp3.com's copyright scandal in 2000. His studio,
                                    >> MarinoSounds.com http://marinosounds.com provides audio for game,
                                    >> television and multimedia projects at as low a rate as possible in
                                    >> order to actively encourage business from the indie scene. Projects
                                    >> such as Derek Smart's Universal Combat and the X-com inspired UFO:
                                    >> Alien Invasion gave Marino a certain kudos, and his current work on
                                    >> the Morrowind ITP (Italian Translation Project) comprises a further
                                    >> step towards the mainstream. "Being 'indie' is like being in a big
                                    >> family. I feel that other independent musicians and designers are my
                                    >> brothers, and that they deserve my help," he told me. He's enjoyed
                                    >> the game experience so much that he's planning to establish a
                                    >> full-time dev team." (Paul Taylor, Music4Games)
                                    >> Yahoo! Groups Links

                                  • Erick Behymer

                                      Message 18 of 25 , Jul 4 8:54 AM
                                        You were at Anthrocon!  So was I! I was wearing the Pi-Rat costume for the parade, been going to it for years. Cool!

                                        JoAnn in VA
                                      • Erick Behymer
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Jul 4 10:22 AM
                                          I mostly just roamed around and chatted with the people there.  The extent of my costume was a pair of cat ears :P  Some of the costumes were simply amazing to look at.  I missed the parade though, mostly because I chose not to walk more than I absolutely had to.

                                          I had a great time there, met quite a few people and made a lot of friends.  I plan on going next year, finances provided, since I'll be moving down to texas around mid-september.

                                          On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Bubblemum <bubblemum@...> wrote:
                                          You were at Anthrocon!  So was I! I was wearing the Pi-Rat costume for the parade, been going to it for years. Cool!

                                          JoAnn in VA

                                        • Ananya Guha
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Jul 4 11:21 AM

                                            I am creative when I am extremely happy or, very sad, or when I am truly touched by anything.Also pressure in my work ethos brings out creative elements in me.

                                            Ananya.S.Guha.

                                            <arnold.beekes@ theproperway. com> wrote:

                                            > And in what circumstances do you get your best ideas?

                                            I seem to have to wear myself out by playing some silly repetitive
                                            game like Freeciv or The Battle For Wesnoth all night. Then around 5
                                            am, when I'm finally sick of playing the damn thing, my brain will
                                            finally kick into gear about what I want a game to actually be like.
                                            I might get 30-60 minutes of original thought before I finally succumb
                                            to slumber. I guess that's not the most efficient way to cause
                                            creativity to happen, but it does seem predictable. So, sleep
                                            deprivation + loss of will to keep my mind abuzz with more mundane
                                            tasks.

                                            I also get creative insight by letting a problem sit for a few days
                                            that I've been stuck on. I tend to do enormous amounts of internet
                                            research trying to figure out the answer to something. Like, "What is
                                            the ultimate nature of combat?" I'll pull all sorts of articles off
                                            the net, reading and reading and reading. I'll scribble all sorts of
                                            things in my notebook, but for a problem that hard I don't really get
                                            anywhere. Then insight finally comes when I let it rest for a few
                                            days, let my intuitive mind / subconscious do the work. I try to make
                                            progress on problems using tons of conscious effort, but when it is
                                            not possible, the unconscious has to take the extensive materials and
                                            synthesize better results.

                                            Cheers,
                                            Brandon Van Every

                                            Bring your gang together. Do your thing. Find your favourite Yahoo! Group.
                                          • Ananya Guha
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Jul 4 11:39 AM

                                              Creativity

                                              A poise, equipoise

                                              hardening,

                                              saddening

                                              Outburst.

                                              Ananya.S.Guha.

                                              Message 22 of 25 , Jul 4 11:50 AM

                                                There can be different forms of creativity.. It is not only the writer, painter and the poet who is creativity. In my opinion one of the most creative persons in the world was, Mother Teresa.

                                                Ananya.S.Guha.

                                                From: Ananya Guha <nnyguha@yahoo. co.in>
                                                To: manuelmarino@ yahoogroups. com
                                                Date: Friday, 4 July, 2008, 11:51 PM

                                                I am creative when I am extremely happy or, very sad, or when I am truly touched by anything.Also pressure in my work ethos brings out creative elements in me.

                                                Ananya.S.Guha.

                                                On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 3:59 AM, Arnold Beekes
                                                <arnold.beekes@ theproperway. com> wrote:

                                                > And in what circumstances do you get your best ideas?

                                                I seem to have to wear myself out by playing some silly repetitive
                                                game like Freeciv or The Battle For Wesnoth all night. Then around 5
                                                am, when I'm finally sick of playing the damn thing, my brain will
                                                finally kick into gear about what I want a game to actually be like.
                                                I might get 30-60 minutes of original thought before I finally succumb
                                                to slumber. I guess that's not the most efficient way to cause
                                                creativity to happen, but it does seem predictable. So, sleep
                                                deprivation + loss of will to keep my mind abuzz with more mundane
                                                tasks.

                                                I also get creative insight by letting a problem sit for a few days
                                                that I've been stuck on. I tend to do enormous amounts of internet
                                                research trying to figure out the answer to something. Like, "What is
                                                the ultimate nature of combat?" I'll pull all sorts of articles off
                                                the net, reading and reading and reading. I'll scribble all sorts of
                                                things in my notebook, but for a problem that hard I don't really get
                                                anywhere. Then insight finally comes when I let it rest for a few
                                                days, let my intuitive mind / subconscious do the work. I try to make
                                                progress on problems using tons of conscious effort, but when it is
                                                not possible, the unconscious has to take the extensive materials and
                                                synthesize better results.

                                                Cheers,
                                                Brandon Van Every

                                                Bring your gang together. Do your thing. Find your favourite Yahoo! Group.

                                                Bring your gang together. Do your thing. Find your favourite Yahoo! Group.

                                                From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India. Click here.
                                              • Ananya Guha
                                                Message 23 of 25 , Jul 4 11:51 AM

                                                  The second line should read:'' Creative''.

                                                  Ananya.S.Guha.

                                                  From: Ananya Guha <nnyguha@yahoo. co.in>
                                                  To: manuelmarino@ yahoogroups. com
                                                  Date: Friday, 4 July, 2008, 11:51 PM

                                                  I am creative when I am extremely happy or, very sad, or when I am truly touched by anything.Also pressure in my work ethos brings out creative elements in me.

                                                  Ananya.S.Guha.

                                                  On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 3:59 AM, Arnold Beekes
                                                  <arnold.beekes@ theproperway. com> wrote:

                                                  > And in what circumstances do you get your best ideas?

                                                  I seem to have to wear myself out by playing some silly repetitive
                                                  game like Freeciv or The Battle For Wesnoth all night. Then around 5
                                                  am, when I'm finally sick of playing the damn thing, my brain will
                                                  finally kick into gear about what I want a game to actually be like.
                                                  I might get 30-60 minutes of original thought before I finally succumb
                                                  to slumber. I guess that's not the most efficient way to cause
                                                  creativity to happen, but it does seem predictable. So, sleep
                                                  deprivation + loss of will to keep my mind abuzz with more mundane
                                                  tasks.

                                                  I also get creative insight by letting a problem sit for a few days
                                                  that I've been stuck on. I tend to do enormous amounts of internet
                                                  research trying to figure out the answer to something. Like, "What is
                                                  the ultimate nature of combat?" I'll pull all sorts of articles off
                                                  the net, reading and reading and reading. I'll scribble all sorts of
                                                  things in my notebook, but for a problem that hard I don't really get
                                                  anywhere. Then insight finally comes when I let it rest for a few
                                                  days, let my intuitive mind / subconscious do the work. I try to make
                                                  progress on problems using tons of conscious effort, but when it is
                                                  not possible, the unconscious has to take the extensive materials and
                                                  synthesize better results.

                                                  Cheers,
                                                  Brandon Van Every

                                                  Bring your gang together. Do your thing. Find your favourite Yahoo! Group.

                                                  Bring your gang together. Do your thing. Find your favourite Yahoo! Group.

                                                  From Chandigarh to Chennai - find friends all over India. Click here.

                                                  Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Click here
                                                • Michael Marcus
                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Jul 4 12:11 PM
                                                    In case you haven't been visiting the Idea Men website
                                                    (http://idea-men.us/), I just got in from Origins; I
                                                    have sold the license to produce one of my games,
                                                    "Sudoku: Tactics," to Blue Panther Games. That means
                                                    that I really can sit back and wait for them to sell,
                                                    and meanwhile, when they do, I get royalties. They
                                                    also gave me some that I can sell for myself.

                                                    The nice thing is that where I would have had to work
                                                    "on the cheap" with a paper board and cardbord chits,
                                                    they could really do it up nicely with a wooden board
                                                    and pieces that are more friendly to the touch.

                                                    Steve, the guy I work with at Blue Panther, seems to
                                                    think that this game has what it takes to get worldwide
                                                    marketing, but for that, we need the rules translated
                                                    into some foreign languages. Does anyone here read and
                                                    write any of the following:

                                                    Spanish
                                                    Italian
                                                    German
                                                    Japanese
                                                    ??

                                                    If so, contact me off-list. We have business to
                                                    discuss. :)

                                                    --Michael Marcus
                                                    Hamtramck Idea Men
                                                    http://idea-men.us
                                                  • Manuel Marino
                                                    Message 25 of 25 , Jul 4 5:08 PM

                                                      This is very important, ManuelMarino.com is on Dugg – Arts and Culture directory.

                                                      Please leave comments and digg it :) support our loved blog :)

                                                      The direct link, if it disappears in the Most Recent page, is this one.

                                                      Thank you!!