thank you for inviting me!

  • h_banks28
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 10, 2008
      Hello Everyone

      since I don't know any of you guys, I will start by introducing myself.
      I am a face and body painter. I own a face and body painting supply
      store and I travel and teach others how to face paint. I have never
      been a canvas painter but I love working with people and I love the
      art that goes into transforming someone into a character.

      If anyone else would like to introduce themselves please do so. If
      anyone is interested in face and body painting please don't hesitate
      to ask

      Happy Painting
      Heather
    • nick_kellet2000
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 10, 2008
        Thanks for the invite too!

        I'm a board game inventor/publisher.

        Prior to that I used to invent software.

        Nick
      • Michael Marcus
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 10, 2008
          I'll get in on this Roll Call, too! :D

          I design board games, card games, and role-playing games; I also
          paint, write prose and poetry, and publish comic books! Please take
          the time to check out the stuff my partner, George McVey, and I are
          doing as The Hamtramck Idea Men. The site is at http://idea-men.us
          and we're always looking for more input for what to do next!

          --Michael Marcus
          Hamtramck Idea Men
          http://idea-men.us
        • Per Corell
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 10, 2008
            --- In manuelmarino@yahoogroups.com, "h_banks28" <h_banks28@...> wrote:

            > Hello Everyone
            >
            > since I don't know any of you guys, I will start by introducing myself.
            > I am a face and body painter. I own a face and body painting supply
            > store and I travel and teach others how to face paint. I have never
            > been a canvas painter but I love working with people and I love the
            > art that goes into transforming someone into a character.
            >
            > If anyone else would like to introduce themselves please do so. If
            > anyone is interested in face and body painting please don't hesitate
            > to ask
            >
            > Happy Painting
            > Heather

            Hi.
            This invitation came as a surprise to me aswell. Guess I want to just
            line in after having a number of groups myself. You like real and
            exiting new idears, check my yahoo profile there you find plenty of
            links about design and architecture --- but some time ago I found out
            what I did not know until then, that I could also paint -- and what I
            paint people like. I paint huge, portraits and experimental, fine
            arts, call it what you want I call it Curtain Art .I know it to be
            true what Manuel say about art , guess when you reached that point
            where you read what Mr. Marino say about art and artists, then it is
            that artist in you, that made you realise that .
            So I paint Curtain Art, Graffiti on cheap canvas, huge, best more than
            2 by 2 meter used to hang on a wall or as Curtain art so when light
            shine thru , the picture show on the other side iluminated.
          • Heather Banks
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 10, 2008
              Oooooo do you ever need testers? MY brother in law and I battle till we see blood. LOL (J/K)

              Good luck sounds like a fantastic job

              Heather

              nick_kellet2000 <nickkellet@...> wrote:
              Thanks for the invite too!

              I'm a board game inventor/publisher.

              Prior to that I used to invent software.

              Nick

            • creativewench
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 10, 2008
                Hello everyone! I'm silversmith and fused glass artist who has found
                her voice by creating small works of wearable art aka jewelry. ;)
                Lately, I have been experimenting with the medium warm glass to create
                small gifts like wine bottle stoppers, business card holders,
                paperweights, candle holders and decorative plates....I've been having
                a blast seeing what I can create in my little tabletop kiln!

                I've found art to open up my world...I'm conversational in 4 other
                languages besides English...but with art...there is no language,
                social or ethnic barriers...how cool is that! ;)

                I'm looking forward to sharing with like minded individuals!

                Randi
              • Erick
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 11, 2008
                  Seems like an interesting group thus far.

                  I suppose I should introduce myself at this point. I have multiple
                  hobbies/interests to a level that most would probably consider absurd.

                  Computer programming is something that has always interested me. At
                  this point in time, I have immersed myself in a world that most would
                  consider disturbing or highly questionable: Malware Data Collection
                  and Database Maintenence. Currently, I am under a development
                  contract involving computer security which involves maintaining a
                  security database that is quickly approaching nearly 1.8 million
                  entries. It doesn't take much time for me to do that particular
                  aspect, and needless to say, is not an extremely daunting task as one
                  may surmise.

                  As a side hobby, I also play guitar and bass, occasionally compiling
                  a track or two if track sounds pleasing, and hoarding them for use at
                  a later date. My musical interests range from classical to death
                  metal. Jazz is of particular interest to me, as that is one of the
                  three genres that interested me when I first started playing nearly
                  14 years ago. From the ages of 6 to 12, I played piano quite
                  extensively when I wasn't either reading, playing with chemistry
                  sets, or reading books that most children would have found to be
                  extremely difficult to understand at that age. For about 2 years
                  while I was in high school, I decided to take trumpet lessons, as the
                  interest in it was gathered from one of the many extracirricular
                  activities that I decided to participate in.

                  Reading... the best of all vices, imho. At a very young age, I
                  quickly realized that knowledge is a very good thing to have. These
                  subjects that interest me specifically are mathematics, physics,
                  chemistry, law, psychology and the occult. Word games are also of
                  high interest. Anagrams are fun, albeit extremely easy.
                  Incidentally, Scrabble is one of the best games ever.

                  There are many more interests that I could list, but I choose not to
                  for the sake of brevity, and the fact I have to be up in about 4
                  hours. That, and I figure the less I reveal about myself the
                  better. It keeps everyone's expectations lower :P
                • Manuel Marino
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 11, 2008
                    Hello! Heidi Yost article is online!

                    http://manuelmarino.com

                    Please Heidi, can you say something about it? Thank you
                  • Heidi Yost
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 11, 2008
                      Dear Manuel,

                      Thank you for posting my article. I let all of my friends on myspace know.

                      Can you please tell me how to fix my email options so that I do not receive copies of every email that each member sends you.

                      Thanks,
                      Heidi

                      ________________________________
                      > To: manuelmarino@yahoogroups.com
                      > From: manuelmarino@...
                      > Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 12:47:59 +0100
                      > Subject: [manuelmarino] Heidi Yost article is online
                      >

                      > Hello! Heidi Yost article is online!
                      >
                      > http://manuelmarino.com
                      >
                      > Please Heidi, can you say something about it? Thank you

                      Watch “Cause Effect,” a show about real people making a real difference.
                    • andy_eng
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 19, 2008
                        Hi Heather (and group),

                        --- In manuelmarino@yahoogroups.com, "h_banks28" <h_banks28@...> wrote:

                        > Hello Everyone
                        >
                        > since I don't know any of you guys, I will start by introducing myself. <snip>

                        My name is Andy. I'm not sure if Manuel found me through my audio or photography
                        pursuits but that's okay, been dabbling in both <VBGrin>

                        Audio -- I record audio live on location and produce final product for the benefit of the
                        artists or the cause. A typical year runs between 10 to 15 projects for a variety of artists.

                        Photography -- Often while on location, I'll get a chance to grab a few shots with the
                        camera, mostly scenes and candids.

                        The places, people, and situations I've encountered along the way has been mostly
                        delightful. I live along the Texas Gulf Coast so if we cannot collaborate on a project
                        together, getting trading notes would be just as good.

                        Best,
                        Andy
                      • Rene
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 25, 2010
                          Hi Nick!
                          Am a board game publisher too! Though not an inventor.

                          cheers,
                          René

                          --- In manuelmarino@yahoogroups.com, "nick_kellet2000" <nickkellet@...> wrote:

                          > Thanks for the invite too!
                          >
                          > I'm a board game inventor/publisher.
                          >
                          > Prior to that I used to invent software.
                          >
                          > Nick

                        • Michael Marcus
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 25, 2010
                            Heh. Maybe those of us who invent board games should develop a sub-group here.

                            :-)

                            --Michael Marcus
                            Hamtramck Idea Men
                            http://idea-men.us