Laurel Massé

  • sergios345
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2 2:33 PM
      24TH ANNUAL BACK STAGE BISTRO AWARDS GALA
      Laurel Massé/Outstanding Jazz Vocalist/Birdland and Metropolitan Room.
      Congratulations!

      http://bistroawards.com/index.php/2009-recipients
    • Tobias Reid
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2 10:18 PM
        Hello All,

        I've just learned that Cheryl is working on her latest album for King Records/Japan. More info to come!

        Cheers,
        Tobias
      • Tobias Reid
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 3 8:00 AM
          A little more news regarding Cheryl's latest...it's possible that the album will be a tribute to Cole Porter, with a tentative tile of "The Cole Porter Songbook." King Records is looking to release it sometime at the end of June or July of this year.

          More to come!

          Cheers,
          Tobias

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 3 4:45 PM
            It would be nice if all of Cheryl's King Records material was issued here in
            the US.

            Idea - if she owns the masters, couldn't she license them to a label here in
            the US? Or - with CDBaby handling it, print them herself to sell via
            CDBaby.com ?

            Just a thought

            James O. Phillips
            Urbana IL USA
            http://www.autoharpquarterly.com
            http://www.myspace.com/mrjop1975

            "Silly habits mean a lot"
            Janis Ian "Silly Habits"
          • Brian Raiche
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 3 4:54 PM
              Anyone know if this would be a re-mastering of her "Dreaming of Mr. Porter"
              or a new project?

              -Brian

            • Tobias Reid
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 4 8:19 AM
                Hey Brian,

                Dawn, from the CB Yahoo group, said that this will be a completely new recording..not a reissue of "Dreaming Of Mister Porter."

                Just wanted to pass the info along, just incase you didn't receive it.

                Cheers,
                Tobias

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 4 9:20 AM
                  Thanks! Glad to hear it will be a new project.

                  -Brian