Janis and CB Guest Appearance

  • markd1014
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2008
      Hi, I picked up Lorraine Feather's new CD, Language, which features
      Janis and Cheryl singing backup on two tracks. Unfortunately, they're
      not very heavily featured and Janis isn't even very audible in the
      arrangement. There is a reference in the liner notes to both of them
      being former waitresses, and, also, Cheryl is listed as a Telarc artist
      and Janis is not.

      Even though Janis and Cheryl don't have a lot to do, it is a GREAT cd
      with amazing original lyrics by Feather, many of them extremely comical
      treatments of everyday issues that are not usually sung about. Anyone
      who likes Janis's or Cheryl's or Laurel's solo albums should consider
      checkign this album out.

      Mark D.
    • Laurel Masse
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2008
        I'll second that. Lorraine is great!
        Laurel
        "She is a singer, and therefore capable of anything" Vincenzo Bellini
        Laurel Massé
        Read my blog: www.laurelmasse.typepad.com
        Visit my website: www.laurelmasse.com
        On Jun 1, 2008, at 5:31 PM, markd1014 wrote:

        > Hi, I picked up Lorraine Feather's new CD, Language, which features
        > Janis and Cheryl singing backup on two tracks. Unfortunately, they're
        > not very heavily featured and Janis isn't even very audible in the
        > arrangement. There is a reference in the liner notes to both of them
        > being former waitresses, and, also, Cheryl is listed as a Telarc
        > artist
        > and Janis is not.
        >
        > Even though Janis and Cheryl don't have a lot to do, it is a GREAT cd
        > with amazing original lyrics by Feather, many of them extremely
        > comical
        > treatments of everyday issues that are not usually sung about. Anyone
        > who likes Janis's or Cheryl's or Laurel's solo albums should consider
        > checkign this album out.
        >
        > Mark D.

      • Springer,James C.
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2008
          > From: markd1014

          > Hi, I picked up Lorraine Feather's new CD, Language,
          > which features Janis and Cheryl singing backup on two tracks.
          > Unfortunately, they're not very heavily featured and Janis
          > isn't even very audible in the arrangement. There is a
          > reference in the liner notes . . .

          > Even though Janis and Cheryl don't have a lot to do, it is
          > a GREAT cd with amazing original lyrics by Feather

          Mark D.

          Hey Mark, got this as a download off Amazon 2 or 3 weeks ago. I agree on
          Lorraine, I have all her stuff. Unfortunately a problem with downloads
          is you don't get liner notes.

          To be honest, I haven't gone back to relisten after learning the girls
          were on this ... Which tracks were they backing?

          Thanks; Jim

          E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the
          addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. If you are not the
          intended recipient of this message or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please
          immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message and any attachments. If you
          are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or
          storage of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited.
        • markd1014
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2008
            Janis and Cheryl are on "Very Unbecoming" and "Waiting Tables."

            This is the first Lorraine Feather cd I have heard and while I
            noticed the lyrics immediately I am really appreciating her voice and
            musicality more with repeated listenings. I think one of the
            Transfer/former Transfer ladies should perform one of Lorraine's
            songs solo though.

            Mark D.

            --- In mantran@yahoogroups.com, "Springer,James C."
            <james.springer@...> wrote:

            > > From: markd1014
            >
            > > Hi, I picked up Lorraine Feather's new CD, Language,
            > > which features Janis and Cheryl singing backup on two tracks.
            > > Unfortunately, they're not very heavily featured and Janis
            > > isn't even very audible in the arrangement. There is a
            > > reference in the liner notes . . .
            >
            > > Even though Janis and Cheryl don't have a lot to do, it is
            > > a GREAT cd with amazing original lyrics by Feather
            >
            > Mark D.
            >
            > Hey Mark, got this as a download off Amazon 2 or 3 weeks ago. I
            agree on
            > Lorraine, I have all her stuff. Unfortunately a problem with
            downloads
            > is you don't get liner notes.
            >
            > To be honest, I haven't gone back to relisten after learning the
            girls
            > were on this ... Which tracks were they backing?
            >
            > Thanks; Jim
            >
            > E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this e-mail message
            and any attachments are intended solely for the
            > addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged
            information. If you are not the
            > intended recipient of this message or if this message has been
            addressed to you in error, please
            > immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this
            message and any attachments. If you
            > are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use,
            dissemination, distribution, copying, or
            > storage of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited.

          • Gary Armstrong
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 2, 2008
              Janis covers I know the way to brooklyn in her shows and the song is available for download

              <james.springer@...> wrote:

              > > From: markd1014
              >
              > > Hi, I picked up Lorraine Feather's new CD, Language,
              > > which features Janis and Cheryl singing backup on two tracks.
              > > Unfortunately, they're not very heavily featured and Janis
              > > isn't even very audible in the arrangement. There is a
              > > reference in the liner notes . . .
              >
              > > Even though Janis and Cheryl don't have a lot to do, it is
              > > a GREAT cd with amazing original lyrics by Feather
              >
              > Mark D.
              >
              > Hey Mark, got this as a download off Amazon 2 or 3 weeks ago. I
              agree on
              > Lorraine, I have all her stuff. Unfortunately a problem with
              downloads
              > is you don't get liner notes.
              >
              > To be honest, I haven't gone back to relisten after learning the
              girls
              > were on this ... Which tracks were they backing?
              >
              > Thanks; Jim
              >
              > E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this e-mail message
              and any attachments are intended solely for the
              > addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged
              information. If you are not the
              > intended recipient of this message or if this message has been
              addressed to you in error, please
              > immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this
              message and any attachments. If you
              > are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use,
              dissemination, distribution, copying, or
              > storage of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited.

            • Todd Melcher

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 7, 2008
                  Thank you! I have that but didn't realize who wrote it.

                  Mark D