Black-tie gala with TMT to celebrate Ohio theater anniversary

  • Yolanda Zorio
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2008
      Well, I hope the information is correct this time...

      Valentine to celebrate 10th year
      ================================

      By Ryan E. Smith, Toledo Blade Writer - May 3, 2008

      Source:
      http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080503/ART10/805030372

      When the Valentine Theatre opens its 2008-2009 season on Sept. 20 with
      a black-tie gala featuring 10-time Grammy-winner Manhattan Transfer,
      it will be a double celebration of sorts.

      It will kick off the theater's 10th anniversary and turn the page on a
      year that saw an explosion at the historic downtown venue force the
      relocation of numerous shows.

      "We're back and we're reopened and we have what is the best season in
      our 10 years of operation," said Dale Vivirito, the Valentine's
      executive director. "It's our biggest season yet."

      Preparations for the coming season, which includes familiar faces like
      Great Lakes troubadour Pat Dailey and high-energy musicals like The
      Pajama Game, were made at the same time as staff dealt with the
      whirlwind that followed the November basement explosion that required
      $3.5 million in repairs.

      As they say, the show must go on, and the theater has scheduled a
      number of different series for people whose tastes range from Broadway
      to dance to children's productions. Tickets may be bought individually
      or for a whole series.

      Information: 419-242-2787 or www.valentinetheatre.com. Members of the
      theater receive seating priority on orders placed before May 31.

      Contact Ryan Smith at ryansmith@... or 419-724-6103

      Regards,
      Jolly