Re: Shawn2002

  • danatmt@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2007
      Trying to put this delicately - re Shawn -?some understanding is needed here ?- Shawn is a?mentally handicapped?MT fan who is devoted to the group.? He has sent in many stories about them over the years, and?the group has sent him CDs and photos, etc.? However, when he?joined this list several years back (some of the postings Jolly saw) he eventually had to be removed because?he would post erroneous info like concert appearances that he made up and made several polls that had to be deleted - they didnt make sense, werent really poll type?questions etc.?? His intent?was not at all ill intended, but it did cause issues, so the management at the time thought it would be best to unsubscribe him.

      He has tried to re-join several times, but I don't approve him because of the issues caused in the past.??He might have made his own list since he couldn't get on this one.?? Its possible spammers got his email or the list he made, and that might have caused the mail you are getting.

      I don't think the list is under attack or anything like that, so I dont believe there is cause for alarm.? :)

      Dana

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2007
        > I don't think the list is under attack or anything like that, so I
        dont believe there is cause for alarm.? :)

        > Dana

        I believe you misread my words, I never said
        the list was "under attack" or the likes, I only
        stated the need for precaution (not alarm) "if"
        spam reappears (fortunately, this wasn't the case)
        since many lists on Yahoo! are falling down due
        to unsolicited advertisement.

        But Dan already corrected himself on this post:
        It seems he has inadvertently signed up for Shawn's ML
        and started receiving spam. Having realized that,
        he removed himself from said list.

        Thanks anyway for your comments, it's nice to know
        that you're still around.

        Regards,
        Jolly
      • John ONeill
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2007
          Jolly writes...
          > I only stated the need for precaution (not alarm) "if"
          > spam reappears (fortunately, this wasn't the case)
          > since many lists on Yahoo! are falling down due
          > to unsolicited advertisement.

          I agree. Spambots are becoming very common place on the yahoogroups
          site. The original Steely Dan Fan list fell prey to this because the
          owner/monitor had long since disappeared and there was noone
          reviewing e-mails from new members. As soon as you join, you can
          post. Nice concept but that approach no longer works...
          unfortunately. Always a good idea to screen/block posts from new
          members until you're sure its not another spammer.

          So anyway... I guess noone likes "Extensions" except Don. :(

          I'll post my comments this evening.

          John O'Neill
          Alpharetta, GA
        • Springer,James C.
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2007
            > From: John Oneill

            > So anyway... I guess noone likes "Extensions" except Don. :(

            John,

            Hey, but I liked Shaun of the Dead .... And now, back to our regularly
            scheduled commentary:

            Wow, good thing we went from album-of-the-week to album-of-the-month
            because you would have been chastising us 2 days ago ;)

            Hmmm, come to think of it, it is only day ONE of August. I thought we
            had up to 30 more to go, Hmmmm. After all, we are now smack-dab in the
            middle of those "lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer." (Well, at least for
            most of us I think.) Must allow for inertia here.

            Hopefully I'll post soon on this album. So before I get to that, in
            somewhat of a response to Don's comment in his write-up "...they need to
            make another one like this!" My first inclination is to answer, they
            did, it is called Vibrate and wasn't nearly the sensation that was
            Extensions. It's that eclectic mish-mash of stuff. As mentioned in a
            Vocalese II type recording vs. an Extensions II (and for the record, no
            pun intended, I do like Extensions!)

            Anyhoo, back to considering Extensions ...

            Jim

            E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the
            addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. If you are not the
            intended recipient of this message or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please
            immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message and any attachments. If you
            are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or
            storage of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited.
          • danarai
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 10, 2007
              Hi all,

              Of course I am still around - I read the list all the time, but I
              just choose to not post most of the time...indeed, a list can
              be "quietly" moderated. I know there has been some thoughts posted
              a few months that it wasn't being moderated, and I had posted a
              message explaining that yes, I still did do it for the group, but
              perhaps you didn't see it.

              Anyway - to clarify - I didn't misread your words, and I knew Danny
              had explained what happened, I just thought that it might bear a
              little more explaining as it was a special situation.

              Hope everyone is doing well.

              Regards,
              Dana