Re: [ManTran] TMT Dream Album?

  • danny hurren
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 2, 2006
      My dream album would be called :

      'The Manhattan Transfer / Self Penned'

      If each member used their experience and talent, to compose 3 original
      songs each, we would have 12 brand spanking new tracks to dig our
      hungry ears into.

      Love Danny x

    • vanityman@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 6, 2006
        i rec;d symphony sessions a bit ago....some of the songs are great and
        adding a symphony gave them a new dimension (quietude, offbeat etc)
        others had nothing new apart from some background differences so i
        don't quite understand why they were included...

        i feel they should've taken more chances, but i guess these were easy
        song choices and probably took little rehearsal time on their part so
        production costs would be low...pushed the cd could've had a real kurt
        weill feel to it

        dream album (do they even call them albums anymore?)...i would go
        simple and record with a classic jazz trio and song choice would be
        something like the hoagy carmicheal songbook, a tribute to tony bennett
        or a tribute to john hammond (that would be the best now that i think
        of it!)

        oh well...

        does cheryl have a new release due? and any word about tim's?