Re: [ManTran] Re: Johnny Carson

  • Nancy J
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1 8:01 AM
      > In case it wasn't known you can purchase all the old episodes of The
      > Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson.

      Unless they changed the policy in the last two months, you can no longer buy
      them through the site (I suppose they still license them via one of the
      entertainment biz video licensing sites for professional use).

      I contacted the Carson site in order to buy some Natalie Wood and Carpenters
      clips, and they informed me that they were informed that it was copyright
      infringement for the artists, so they discontinued selling to the open
      market.

      Nancy J
      OrdinaryfoolisNJ@...
    • Bill Barnes
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1 6:28 PM
        My favorite thing about the Johnny Carson Tonight show was that
        wonderful big-band he kept together. The players in that band--Ross
        Tompkins, Conte Candoli, Snooky Young, Clark Terry, Pete Christlieb,
        Chauncy Welsh, Ernie Tack. An all-star band. And I left out Ed
        Shaunessey, Doc, and Tommy Newsom, and many others.

        Hope everyone caught Doc, Tommy, and Ed on the Letterman Show on Monday
        night. They did "Here's That Rainy Day" in tribute to Carson.

        Bill-KCKs