Re: Another date for CB/intro..new member

  • Tania
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2004
      Welcome to the group, Rachel,

      I hope you will enjoy exchanging info and good news with other TMT
      fans. Thanks for the concert information. Of course, it would be
      very far for me to visit PA, but Manhattan Transfer is coming again
      in Las Vegas, NV. I am definitely going! Would really like to
      hear/see their new material... Both me and my husband are very
      excited about them using two of Rufus's songs, since we like Rufus
      Wainwright, he is so cute:))) I like his 'lazy' manner of singing,
      and being a songwriter is something I could never imagine myself
      doing. Performing or teaching - yes, but creating... my mind just
      doesn't work that way even if I wished so much!
      What are your thoughts, folks?
      Once again, Rachel, feel very welcome, I am sure you will find us to
      be a nice croud from all over the world, but with one idea of loving
      TMT.
      Tania

      --- In mantran@yahoogroups.com, "Freedman, Rachel "
      <rachel.freedman@m...> wrote:
      > Hi everyone, I'm a new member; been lurking for a few months now.
      I really enjoy this list & the fan club website. Been listening to
      Manhattan Transfer's music since high school (in the 80's).

      > I saw the Christmas show at the Keswick (2nd row!!) for the first
      time. It was great! The next time I will be seeing Manhattan
      Transfer is at the State Theatre in Easton, Pa. Couldn't get as
      close as the Xmas show :(

      > In following various links, I came across another solo date in MA
      for Cheryl Bentyne if anyone is interested:

      > Scullers Jazz Club at
      DoubleTree Hotels
      Guest Suites
      400 Soldiers Road
      Boston, MA 02134
      (617)783-0090

      TUE MARCH 16
      Cheryl Bentyne
      Cheryl leaves her regular spot with the Manhattan Transfer
      to make her Scullers debut & celebrate her new CD.
      Ticket only: $16
      Din/Show: $51