Blue Note show

  • Alan Glasscock <swingband2000@earthlink.
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2003
      Hi all. Did anyone record the TMT show from the Blue Note?

      It is archived on the Blue Note website, but I am not able to listen
      to it with my old fashioned dial-up connection. I can get maybe 5
      seconds of the broadcast, then the betwork congestion causes the
      buffers to kick in.

      If anyone has recorded the show, I would love to perhaps buy a copy
      from them, or perhaps trade for something I already have in my
      collection.

      Thanks for any help,
      Alan Glasscock
    • Shadoe
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2003
        I'll see if I can put it on a CD for you hon.

        Shadoe

        <swingband2000@...> wrote:
        > Hi all. Did anyone record the TMT show from the Blue Note?
        >
        > It is archived on the Blue Note website, but I am not able to listen
        > to it with my old fashioned dial-up connection. I can get maybe 5
        > seconds of the broadcast, then the betwork congestion causes the
        > buffers to kick in.
        >
        > If anyone has recorded the show, I would love to perhaps buy a copy
        > from them, or perhaps trade for something I already have in my
        > collection.
        >
        > Thanks for any help,
        > Alan Glasscock

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • markd1014
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 20, 2009
          I caught the first set last night and, even though the sound was really bad, it was an incredible show with a pretty wild set list:

          Corner Pocket
          Shaker Song
          Hear the Voices (very intense extended improvised section)
          Java Jive
          Tisket
          Air Mail Special
          Tim: She's Funny that Way
          Janis: Jeepers Creepers
          Tutu
          One Step (?) - Corea song with Tim on lead
          Time Lies (?) - Corea song with Alan on lead
          That's the Way it Goes (a capella, and very powerful that way)
          Groovin
          Birdland (long version)
          Encore: Choo Choo Ch'Boogie

          Advanced copies of the cd were for sale but the Blue Note is so cramped and crowded I had to get out of there without one. I really wonder what the other set lists were for the week; mine was surprisingly electronic for the Blue Note, though Yaron used the acoustic piano for Shaker Song and, I think, Birdland

          Mark D.
        • brian.raiche@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 20, 2009
            I was there as well. Sound mix was fine from our seats. They sold out of the new CD. Wish they had done more new material. Great to see them up close- Blue Note was a great venue.

            Brian

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 20, 2009
              i was there thursday first show

              that was the exact set list except that alan and cheryl did solos

              encore was sing you sinners

              bought the new cd

              been digesting all weekend

              thoughts later

              On Sep 20, 2009, at 1:41 PM, brian.raiche@... wrote:

              > I was there as well. Sound mix was fine from our seats. They sold
              > out of the new CD. Wish they had done more new material. Great to
              > see them up close- Blue Note was a great venue.
              >
              > Brian

              Gary Armstrong
              vanityman@...

              917-304-2731

            • khp38120@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 20, 2009
                I saw the first set on Friday-- fabulous!? Janis sang "Midnight Sun" as her solo spot, and it was like to die. We also got Tuxedo Junction and Soul Food to Go.? Tried to get some autographs on the new CD but, it being the first show, couldn't get anybody but Steve Hass and Gary (the bass player).

                I'll post pictures when I get home this week, as well as my review of the new CD.

                Keith