Talk Of The Town on the chart!

  • Tobias Reid
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2002
      Congrats to Cheryl!

      HMV (a huge record store in Japan - much like Virgin, I believe)
      has placed TALK OF THE TOWN on it's best seller list -- charting
      #12 on the "Top Jazz Hit" list and #5 on the "Jazz Vocal Chart."
      Very impressive for only being out a week! Check it out at
      www.hmv.co.jp/gen/jz/

      Has anyone else heard the album yet? As I stated before, it's
      excellent!

      Cheers,
      Tobias
    • Springer,James C.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2002
        > From: Tobias Reid [mailto:tobiasreid@...]
        >
        > Congrats to Cheryl!
        >
        > . . . -- charting #12 on the "Top Jazz Hit" list and
        > #5 on the "Jazz Vocal Chart."
        > Very impressive for only being out a week! Check it out at
        > www.hmv.co.jp/gen/jz/

        > Has anyone else heard the album yet? As I stated before, it's
        > excellent!

        Tobias,

        Wish I had. Been holding out to see if I can just pick-up a US version. I
        know Cheryl was trying to get that done. If for any reason people start
        indicating it doesn't look like it will happen, then I'll have to jump on
        the import bandwagon :)

        Jim
      • Ted Beyer
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2002
          This morning NPR's Morning Edition had one of their "Present at the
          Creation" segments on the origin of the Coffee Break (seems it was 1901 in
          Buffalo). In any event, on the lead out at the end of the spot, they used
          nearly half of Java Jive (sounded like the version from the first album...).

          Was fun to hear it (and quite fitting)

          Ted