Welcome to the list

  • John O'Neill
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2002
      Katie,

      Welcome to the list! Enjoyed your first posts and loved your
      anecdotes about Janis.

      Congrats on your pending arrival - a new ManTran fan in the making. :)

      <And Jim, you dog, best wishes to you as well. You certainly kept
      that bit of news under wraps for some time. Anyway, enough time spent
      on you, back to...>

      Katie,

      "Offbeat of Avenues", eh? I also like that one very much. It is an
      especially strong release at the beginning with just one fantastic
      number after another. ("Serenade in Blue" is one of my all time fav
      ManTran numbers.) What is your reason for ranking this one so highly?

      For the list in general... I think I may have posed this question
      once before but never really got a response so I'll try it again:

      To me both "Offbeat" and the Christmas effort were both very strong
      releases. Why did Sony/Columbia dump ManTran after just two releases?
      (Or did ManTran dump them?)

      I was just always very surprised because I thought they had left
      Atlantic because of a bad relationship there. (Ah, the politics of
      the music industry.)

      Regard and again welcome.

      John O'Neill
      Alpharetta, GA
    • JohnsMom1206@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2002
        John,

        Thanks for the warm welcome.

        To my understanding, you are right, and they left Atlantic because of the
        politics. However, I believe that they had worked out an understanding with
        Ahmet Ertgun, I think that's the guy, and signed again with Atlantic. I could
        swear I heard something to that effect.

        On to Offbeat of Avenues, I really like every song on the album, and I cant
        say that for every other one, although there really isnt any song I cant
        stand. However, for me, Offbeat just has, as you said, one great song after
        another. I am especially drawn to A World Apart because of all that's
        happened to me. Of course, it doesnt hurt that Janis wrote and sang it
        either! :)

        Thanks for the well wishes for my baby... I will be sure to post when she
        arrives.

        More later!

        Katie