Re: SOTW:a nightingale sang....

  • Daniela Hiefler
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1 2:53 AM
      Great song. Especially the vocal arrangement.
      But I have to say that Ilove a capella song, but this one is one of
      the best I know.

      Dani

      ==
    • Daniela Hiefler

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1 6:16 AM
          "A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square" is one of the reasons that I
          became a fan of Manhantan Transfer. Along with "Java Jive", I am not sure
          if I would be a huge TMT fan that I am. These two songs are the ones that I
          like to sit back and say to myself, "Cool, I love these songs." (Of
          course I also like the other stuff)

          Also, "A Nightingale..." is a reason why I personally started to take
          singing seriously. Even though I only have an average voice at best, I
          probably would not have taken four years of choir and a year of private
          voice lessons, if it was not for this song.

          David

          _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/
          ||Shepherd me, O Lord
          Mario David Uy || Beyond my wants,
          mardavuy@... || Beyond my fears
          mardavuy@... || From death into life
          http://www.uwm.edu/~mardavuy || -Marty Haugen
          || (Psalm 23)
          _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/
          Filipino American Association of Wisconsin
          http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Shores/6517
          _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

          SALVE Regina, Mater misericordiae, vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
          salve. Ad te clamamus, exsules filii Hevae; Ad te suspiramus,
          gementes et flentes in hac lacrimarum valle. Eia ergo, advocata
          nostra illos tuos misericordes oculos ad nos converte. Et Jesum,
          benedictum fructum ventris tui, nobis post hoc exilium ostende. O
          clemens, O pia, O dulcis Virgo Maria. Ora pro nobis, sancta Dei
          Genitrix. Ut digni efficiamur promissionibus Christi. Amen.

        • sunlight
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1 9:53 AM
            When I first heard this song, I fell in love with it. I played it over
            and over again, usually as I was about to go to sleep. I love to hear
            all four parts in harmony, something that is a little more difficult to
            do with a song that has accompaniment. What else can I say about one of
            my favorites?

            tasha