RE: [ManTran] Re: Janis and promotion

  • Jessica Sendra (Merch)
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1 12:23 PM
      hi all!
      just logged on to check my e-mail for the first time in 16 days. glad
      you're all enjoying janis's new record. yes - you can guarantee that
      Borders will support this. it will be in a listening station beginning
      3/12. in addition to that, janis will be doing a handful of instores around
      the country.

      oh - and in other news, Jacob Timothy Sendra was born on 2/13/02 at 2:13 pm,
      weighing in at 9lbs, 3oz, and 21.75 inches. i may be biased, but i think he
      is one handsome boy.

      jessica

      oh -James - you must check out David Fathead Newman. he is one of the
      finest living saxophonists out there. the Atlantic Jazz Gallery compilation
      called "House Of David" is a great placee to start - it's got Fathead's
      great early Atlantic work from the 60s. his recent work on High Note
      (particularly the last 2 records) is fab too.

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1 12:51 PM
        Congratulations Jessica...I'm sure he is bringing you much joy (and
        probably precious little sleep :) ). He's got a great birthday also (mine
        too, except for the year of course). Thanks for the info from Borders.
        Take care.

        Daniel

        >hi all!
        >just logged on to check my e-mail for the first time in 16 days. glad
        >you're all enjoying janis's new record. yes - you can guarantee that
        >Borders will support this. it will be in a listening station beginning
        >3/12. in addition to that, janis will be doing a handful of instores around
        >the country.
        >
        >oh - and in other news, Jacob Timothy Sendra was born on 2/13/02 at 2:13 pm,
        >weighing in at 9lbs, 3oz, and 21.75 inches. i may be biased, but i think he
        >is one handsome boy.
        >

        >jessica
        >
        >oh -James - you must check out David Fathead Newman. he is one of the
        >finest living saxophonists out there. the Atlantic Jazz Gallery compilation
        >called "House Of David" is a great placee to start - it's got Fathead's
        >great early Atlantic work from the 60s. his recent work on High Note
        >(particularly the last 2 records) is fab too.

      • Springer,James C.(NXI)
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1 1:12 PM
          > From: Jessica Sendra (Merch) [mailto:jsendra@...]
          >
          > . . .in addition to that, janis will be doing a handful of instores around
          > the country.

          Considering Chicago isn't a concert stop, I'll assume it's not a Border's
          stop either :(

          > oh - and in other news, Jacob Timothy Sendra was born on 2/13/02 at 2:13
          pm,
          > weighing in at 9lbs, 3oz, and 21.75 inches. i may be biased, but i think
          he
          > is one handsome boy.

          Congrats again. Good size lad you've got there!

          > oh -James - you must check out David Fathead Newman. he is one of the
          > finest living saxophonists out there. the Atlantic Jazz Gallery
          compilation
          > called "House Of David" is a great placee to start - it's got Fathead's
          > great early Atlantic work from the 60s. his recent work on High Note
          > (particularly the last 2 records) is fab too.

          I've picked up a number of Richie Cole disks ... sounds like it could happen
          this time with David Fathead Newman. Damn these artist tie-ins (the wallet
          just will never be the same.) *LOL* Thanks for the tip as to where to
          start, I appreciate it!

          Have a good weekend all!

          Jim
        • Nancy J
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 1 2:47 PM
            i may be biased, but i think he
            is one handsome boy.

            One BIG boy too! LOL I had a 9 plus pounder too. Congrats Jessica!!!

            Nancy J
            Ordinaryfoolpages@...

          • tarataysse
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1 3:46 PM
              Congratulations jessica for your son!

              dani

              > oh - and in other news, Jacob Timothy Sendra was born on 2/13/02 at
              2:13 pm,
              > weighing in at 9lbs, 3oz, and 21.75 inches. i may be biased, but i
              think he
              > is one handsome boy.
              >

              > jessica
            • Bro. John McGrory
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 1 6:36 PM
                Congratulations Jessica
              • khp38120@aol.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 1 7:03 PM
                  > oh -James - you must check out David Fathead Newman. > he is one of the finest living saxophonists out
                  > there. the Atlantic Jazz Gallery compilation
                  > called "House Of David" is a great placee to start -
                  > it's got Fathead's great early Atlantic work from the
                  > 60s. his recent work on High Note (particularly the
                  > last 2 records) is fab too.

                  While you're checking out former Ray Charles sidemen, don't forget Hank Crawford (even though he's not a TMT tie-in). His anthology on Rhino called "Heart and Soul" is definitive, and actually includes some David Newman work, too. Maddening, though, that they excluded "South-Central," one of the finest upbeat blues tracks ever.

                  Keith
                • Marie �.
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 2 7:24 AM
                    Jessica !
                    I wish you all the luck with your new born baby, Jacob!
                    Congratulations to you and your family !!!