Re: George Harrison

  • danatmt@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2001
      I subscribe to Laurel Masse's mailing list and she wrote the most
      beautiful letter to George -- and she closed it beautifully by saying
      <<Now he has gone. And so tonight, as a soft rain is falling, my
      guitar gently weeps. But I think that George might remind us: "Here
      comes the sun - it's alright.">>

      Well put, I think.

      Dana A.

      --- In mantran@y..., "Jonathan MathesonDear" <Jonmd@b...> wrote:
      > The death of George Harrison has touched many people not just here
      in the U.K. but worldwide as he was such a highly talented but
      underrated composer- is there a more beautifully melancholic song
      than While My Guitar Gently Weeps ?
      > I'm posting this little tribute here to him because I know that he
      had such crossover appeal and many fans of Mantran (our own "fab
      four" !) also love the Beatles.
      > Above all, George came across as such a gentle spiritual person and
      his philosophy is very intuitive. He once said "The only purpose of
      life is to ask Who am I, Why am I here and Where am I going ?....."

      > Jonathan
      > Dunfermline, Scotland

    • pufnstuf
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2001
        i agree dana wonderful words well who could expect less of such a warm heart
        I subscribe to Laurel Masse's mailing list and she wrote the most
        beautiful letter to George -- and she closed it beautifully by saying
        <<Now he has gone. And so tonight, as a soft rain is falling, my
        guitar gently weeps. But I think that George might remind us: "Here
        comes the sun - it's alright.">>

        Well put, I think.

        Dana A.

        --- In mantran@y..., "Jonathan MathesonDear" <Jonmd@b...> wrote:
        > The death of George Harrison has touched many people not just here
        in the U.K. but worldwide as he was such a highly talented but
        underrated composer- is there a more beautifully melancholic song
        than While My Guitar Gently Weeps ?
        > I'm posting this little tribute here to him because I know that he
        had such crossover appeal and many fans of Mantran (our own "fab
        four" !) also love the Beatles.
        > Above all, George came across as such a gentle spiritual person and
        his philosophy is very intuitive. He once said "The only purpose of
        life is to ask Who am I, Why am I here and Where am I going ?....."

        > Jonathan
        > Dunfermline, Scotland

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor