VS: [ManTran] TMT having fun....

  • Jari Salomaa
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
      Hi!

      What's the prize for the first rigft answer ;-) ?
      My first wild guess is that they invited the audience or member(s) of it to
      sing along some
      famous tune with them. I'd think that has never happened before but now...?!

      This is fun...come along everybody!

      Jari
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
        I'm guessing they wore Halloween Costumes on stage....then again that might
        not be all that different from mecca for moderns and the early years' "look".

        - Rob

        At 10:18 AM 11/1/2001 +0200, you wrote:

        >Hi!
        >
        >What's the prize for the first rigft answer ;-) ?
        >My first wild guess is that they invited the audience or member(s) of it to
        >sing along some
        >famous tune with them. I'd think that has never happened before but now...?!
        >
        >This is fun...come along everybody!
        >
        >Jari

      • gary armstrong
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
          Reply to: RE: [ManTran] TMT having fun....
          dressed up as each other?

          danatmt wrote:
          >Hi all -- the group is having a big time in Japan and on the night of the >31st did something on stage that, as Alan said, has taken them 29 years to >do! Alan sent me a picture of what it is they did, but I thought it might be >fun to guess what it was....Russ is posting the pic to the website and we'll >let you know when it is up, (which will be soon) but in the meantime.....any >guesses as to what the group did???
          >
          >Dana A. :) >

          >RFC822 header
          > From: danatmt@...
          > Subject: [ManTran] TMT having fun....
          > TMT having fun....
          Content-Typ

          -.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
          Gary Armstrong
          Associate Publisher Marketing
          Us Magazine

          212.484.4203
          -.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
        • danatmt@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
            Hi --

            No prize, this is just for fun. And Rob is closer than Jari....real
            close, as a matter of fact, but there is something specific about
            what they did....

            Dana
          • Daniel Kramer
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
              I say they dressed up as each other on stage.

              Daniel

              >Hi --
              >
              >No prize, this is just for fun. And Rob is closer than Jari....real
              >close, as a matter of fact, but there is something specific about
              >what they did....
              >
              >Dana

            • Marie �.
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
                This was fun!
                Well, I think, knowing that the group can be pretty "jokingful" with their
                public, that...they must have dressed up, off course.

                Either making believe they were the Mantran band, or they dressed up really
                scary, and not getting on stage in the traditional way,
                but maybe coming in from behind the public instead,
                scaring the hell out of them!!!
                What do YOU think?

                Marie (Sweden)

              • Brian Raiche
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
                  Here is my guess: The dressed up as follows:
                  Janis: Dorothy
                  Cheryl: Scarecrow
                  Tim: Lion
                  Alan: Tin Man

                  close??

                  either that or they reprised the "I Love Lucy" costumes!!
                  -brian
                • khp38120@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
                    Okay, here is my guess:

                    Tim - Baritone Sax
                    Alan - Tenor Sax
                    Janis - Alto Sax
                    Cheryl - Soprano Sax

                    Keith
                  • ToLisaG@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 2, 2001
                      --- In mantran@y..., danatmt@a... wrote:
                      > Hi all -- the group is having a big time in Japan and on the night
                      of the
                      > 31st did something on stage that, as Alan said, has taken them 29
                      years to
                      > do! Alan sent me a picture of what it is they did, but I thought
                      it might be
                      > fun to guess what it was....Russ is posting the pic to the website
                      and we'll
                      > let you know when it is up, (which will be soon) but in the
                      meantime.....any
                      > guesses as to what the group did???
                      >
                      > Dana A. :)

                      Did they dress up in their old strange costumes that they used to
                      wear in their formative years in Cabarets like "Reno Sweeneys"?

                      Lisa