Hi, everyone.

  • Marie �.
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2001
      Hi!

      I came back from Copenhagen on saturday night, after I had stayed away since
      thursday morning. I took a 6- hour train ride from Sweden, and got there at
      12.50 about.
      At 19.30 the show started, and off course it was GREAT! The group was in a
      fabulous form, all four of them. Unfortunately I couldn't meet them after,
      since they had to run off for an interview.

      But, luckily I saw the show also on friday night, and after that one I was
      finally able to meet them again, backstage.
      (Thank you, Dana! I'll write back to you privately after). It was really
      nice to see them, and they're always such nice people, as you all already
      know, off course!

      They signed my CD, except for Cheryl, since she had to leave, but, at least,
      she signed my picture of us together that I took when I saw her the last
      time in 1998.
      I was in a daze, and everything was so intense, so I simply forgot to ask
      her, as you could understand!!!
      Well, maybe she can do it if they come to Sweden next year, hopefully!

      I also brought them some gifts; A box of chocolate hearts, and my own CD, to
      each and one of them, to show my longlife appreciation to them.

      It's difficult to have a playlist, since I went to 2 shows, and they
      differed a little bit, but I can try;

      They started out the show with "Operator" on both shows, then they did..

      This is NOT the right order!

      "Stompin' At Mahogany Hall"
      "Sugar"
      "Old Man Mose"
      "Nothing Could Be Hotter Than That"
      "Blue Again"
      "Java Jive"
      "To You"
      "Trickle Trickle"
      "A-Tisket, A-Tasket"
      "Sing You Sinners"
      "Down South Camp Meeting"
      "Clouds"
      "It's Good Enough To Keep"
      "Sing A Study In Brown"
      I forgot a lot of songs, I was there to enjoy the shows!

      Alan did Rodgers & Hart's "Bewitched, Bothered And Bewildered", beautifully,
      and Janis also did a wonderful song (don't remember the title. Cheryl did
      one, too, which I don't remember the title, either.
      Tim did a great blues song.
      Well, I hope you'll all have a chance to see them this summer!
      I really enjoyed every minute of it!

      Have a good day, everybody!!!
      Marie (Sweden)

    • Marie �.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2001
[...]

        • Jonathan MathesonDear
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 3, 2001
            Great to hear from you about the Copenhagen concerts, Marie- the programme
            seems a nice mixture of swing, vocalese and samples from the new album. Hope
            you had a safe journey back.

            Jonathan.

            > I came back from Copenhagen on saturday night, after I had stayed away
            since
            > thursday morning. I took a 6- hour train ride from Sweden, and got there
            at
            > 12.50 about.
            > At 19.30 the show started, and off course it was GREAT! The group was in a
            > fabulous form, all four of them. Unfortunately I couldn't meet them after,
            > since they had to run off for an interview.
            >
            > But, luckily I saw the show also on friday night, and after that one I was
            > finally able to meet them again, backstage.
            > (Thank you, Dana! I'll write back to you privately after). It was really
            > nice to see them, and they're always such nice people, as you all already
            > know, off course!
            >
            > They signed my CD, except for Cheryl, since she had to leave, but, at
            least,
            > she signed my picture of us together that I took when I saw her the last
            > time in 1998.
            > I was in a daze, and everything was so intense, so I simply forgot to ask
            > her, as you could understand!!!
            > Well, maybe she can do it if they come to Sweden next year, hopefully!
            >
            > I also brought them some gifts; A box of chocolate hearts, and my own CD,
            > each and one of them, to show my longlife appreciation to them.
            >
            > It's difficult to have a playlist, since I went to 2 shows, and they
            > differed a little bit, but I can try;
            >
            > They started out the show with "Operator" on both shows, then they did..
            >
            > This is NOT the right order!
            >
            > "Stompin' At Mahogany Hall"
            > "Sugar"
            > "Old Man Mose"
            > "Nothing Could Be Hotter Than That"
            > "Blue Again"
            > "Java Jive"
            > "To You"
            > "Trickle Trickle"
            > "A-Tisket, A-Tasket"
            > "Sing You Sinners"
            > "Down South Camp Meeting"
            > "Clouds"
            > "It's Good Enough To Keep"
            > "Sing A Study In Brown"
            > I forgot a lot of songs, I was there to enjoy the shows!
            >
            > Alan did Rodgers & Hart's "Bewitched, Bothered And Bewildered",
            beautifully,
            > and Janis also did a wonderful song (don't remember the title. Cheryl did
            > one, too, which I don't remember the title, either.
            > Tim did a great blues song.
            > Well, I hope you'll all have a chance to see them this summer!
            > I really enjoyed every minute of it!
            >
            > Have a good day, everybody!!!
            > Marie (Sweden)

          • pufnstuf
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 4, 2001
              hi marie let me know a bout the video when you r ready good trip terry