Re: concert July 30, 2011

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2011
      Thanks for the write-up Tasha. Sounds like it was a great show. I'll be seeing them near me this December. I hope they retain the Singapore / Poinciana combo for the concert since I've never heard those performed live. Also would love to hear Sidewinder, a great instrumental, with the group. It will also be interesting as they are performing two shows the day I'll be seeing them (I'll be heading to the second show.) I don't recall one last they had two shows on the same day.

      Once again, missing Dana Atteberry's excellent ability in trying to secure backstage passes for these things ... oh well.

      Jim

      --- In mantran@yahoogroups.com, "rigelsun" <rigelsun@...> wrote:

      > Farthing Auditorium, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC
      > Last show of the Appalachian Summer Festival
      > July 30, 2011
      >
      > 1. Spain (I Can Recall)
      >
      > 2. Bahia de Todas as Contas (Hear the Voices) – This is the first time I've ever heard this in concert. They sang the "hear the voices" part in Portuguese. As on the recording, there was an extended vocal improvisation section at the end that was great.
      >
      > 3. Route 66 - Okay, everybody, snap along!

    • discomane
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2011
        Thanks Tasha, for your review.
        It seems that this tour set, apart from some little changes according to places and venues, is mainly the same.
        I'm surprised to know that, in all the concert you've been to, you've never had the chance to hear a live performance of "Hear the voices", as it seems to be one of MT's favourite from "Brasil" album (as far as I can recall, I've heard it even more often in all these years than "Soul food to go") and perhaps one of songs that best fits for their vocal renditions (but I could name "Jeannine" as well).
        Wish we all, longtime fans from all over the world, could gather one day and enjoy a memorable MT's concert just for us... :-)