Interview and performance video

  • duaneiac
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 27, 2010
      You can listen to an interview with TMT done at radio station KPLU and watch them performing the song "Foo-Gee":

      http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/news.php?id=68534
    • don bowman
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 27, 2010
        Thanks! That was great----glad to know there's still some communication on Man
        Tran. Anyone have anything to add? Or debate, even?

        ________________________________
        You can listen to an interview with TMT done at radio station KPLU and watch
        them performing the song "Foo-Gee":

        http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/news.php?id=68534

      • yolandazorio
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 30, 2010
          --- In mantran@yahoogroups.com, don bowman <donaldlbowman@...> wrote:

          > Thanks! That was great----glad to know there's still some communication on Man
          > Tran. Anyone have anything to add? Or debate, even?

          Sure, Don!

          Always willing to talk all things ManTran, although I must admit that
          my job has been sucking up much of my time lately, and I've been
          devoting some random free spots to update TMT FB space (sorry!),
          here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=61445203122

          As an addition to Duane's great posting, here's an mp3 file
          of their complete performance at KPLU radio station:
          http://stream.publicbroadcasting.net/production/mp3/kplu/local-kplu-930769.mp3

          In other news, Janis Siegel has confirmed some upcoming gigs:
          in November 24th, she'll be joining Fred Hersch once again on stage,
          this time at The Kitano in NY. January 18th., 2011 will see the
          start of JaLaLa's long-awaited US tour, how cool is that? First
          stop: Cornelia St. Cafe, also in NY. And, on Jan. 30th, Janis
          will be playing at the Jazz Cruise (http://www.thejazzcruise.com),
          from Ft. Lauderdale, FL to Nassau, St. Maarten and Half Moon Cay.
          For further information on these venues, please check the
          Gigs section of her official website at http://www.janissiegel.com .

          And last (but never least), Cheryl Bentyne played Vitello's last night
          ( http://www.vitellosrestaurant.com ) and wowed the audience with
          some selections from her most recent album, "The Gershwin Songbook",
          a project of hers that has seen the light through the ArtistShare
          private label. To purchase it in CD or digital format, please visit
          this link: http://tinyurl.com/2a7la2h

          If you guys have anything in particular that you would like to add
          or discuss, I'm game. BTW, a big THANK YOU, gentlemen, for keeping
          the list alive :-)!

          Hugs,
          Jolly

          PD: Any chances of a group meeting anywhere in the world,
          even if it's a tiny, tiny one?
        • Moy Ortiz
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 30, 2010
            Thank you Jolly for sharing all of this wonderful news with us. Truly
            appreciate this!

            Moy

          • Spockster59@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 1, 2010
              > And last (but never least), Cheryl Bentyne played Vitello's last night
              ( http://www.vitellosrestaurant.com ) and wowed the audience with
              some selections from her most recent album, "The Gershwin Songbook",
              a project of hers that has seen the light through the ArtistShare
              private label. To purchase it in CD or digital format, please visit
              this link: http://tinyurl.com/2a7la2h

              Jolly,

              Thanks for the info on Cheryl’s album, I didn’t realize it was out yet. Has anyone given it a spin yet?

              I’m just going to have to go out there and grab a copy. Hmmm, first I’ll check the Zune Marketplace but it being such an obscure release they probably wouldn’t have it.

              Thanks and take care! Jim

            • yolandazorio
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 4, 2010
                --- In mantran@yahoogroups.com, Spockster59@... wrote:
                > Thanks for the info on Cheryl’s album, I didn’t realize it was out yet. Has anyone given it a spin yet?
                >
                > I’m just going to have to go out there and grab a copy. Hmmm, first I’ll check the Zune Marketplace but it being such an obscure release they probably wouldn’t have it.
                >
                > Thanks and take care! Jim

                Hello again, Jim!
                Perhaps Tobias can give you a review on her newest album.
                As much as I know, it's only available for download at the
                ArtistShare online platform (CD format too).

                > Thank you Jolly for sharing all of this wonderful news with us. Truly
                > appreciate this!
                >
                > Moy

                Sir Moy,
                Thank YOU for always being around :-).

                Oh! The last time I forgot to tell you all that Tim Hauser's
                podcasts are up! Yes, you may take a listen here:
                http://timhausermusic.com/category/podcast
                The music's great and it can certainly transport you (for a while)
                to a golden era when making music truly involved talent
                (sorry, auto-tune!).

                Hugs to all,
                Jolly

                PD: Is anyone going to attend the upcoming JaLaLa gigs?
              • Dawndave
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 5, 2010
                  Here is the info for getting the new Gershwin CD:

                  http://www.artistshare.com/projects/offer_details.aspx?artistID=258&projectID=355&productID=1945&sel
                  www.artistshare.com
                  Welcometo "The Gershwin Songbook" project. It is my honor to share "TheGershwin Songbook" with you through the ArtistShare Private Label.Withthis offer you will receive a copy of my new CD "The Gershwin Songbook"by mail (Delivery Date Sep 24 2010 12:00AM) Enjoy the music!

                  It will also be released soon by King Records. It is a wonderful CD which shouldn't surprise anyone who loves Cheryl's music! I highly recommend it!
                  Dawn