Philippine Star Today!

  • Moy Ortiz
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2010
      http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=548244&publicationSubCategory
      Id=70

      € Heard that Janis Siegel of Manhattan Transfer has produced an album of
      some of the best songs of Jose Mari Chan, arranged and recorded by some of
      the finest young jazz singers in New York. It¹s called The Manhattan
      Connection. If and when a local company produces the album, it would be a
      big hit just like the album of enduring Jose Mari Chan hits of Christian
      Bautista released by Universal Records. I¹m sure local music lovers (this
      one included) deserve to hear exciting fresh material like The Manhattan
      Connection. Paging Rudy Tee of Sony Music!

    • Laurel Masse
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2010
        Yes, she did, and it is a great CD (it was also the first time that
        she and Lauren Kinhan and I sang together, so it's the beginning of
        JaLaLa, too).
        Janis did most of the vocal arrangements for the Chan project, and
        they are fantastic!! I hope everybody gets to hear her great work soon.

        Blessings,
        Laurel
        "Ah, music! A magic beyond all..." Dumbledore

        Visit my website: www.laurelmasse.com
        Read my blogs: www.laurelmasse.typepad.com
        www.twowellread.blogspot.com