tenuki in the dark horse translation

  • get_your_fix@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1 4:44 AM
      In the latest issue of Blade of the Immortal, editor Mike Hansen
      tells us that Samura-san's tenuki (hastily drawn) art will be
      finished (probably redrawn) before it comes to them... so we'll
      probably be seeing in the english translation of the "tenuki"
      episodes the finished drawings from the tankobon. Just wanted to let
      ya know. Read issue #54 to read it if ya don't believe me.

      p.s. Rin really looked cute in that issue, just my personal
      opinion... :)
    • Jesse Wooden
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1 8:42 AM
        yea,all the crapy art from afternoon was redrawn for tankouban #11.
        nothin to wrry about really.

        >From: get_your_fix@...
        >To: manji@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [manji] tenuki in the dark horse translation
        >Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 12:44:52 -0000
        >
        >In the latest issue of Blade of the Immortal, editor Mike Hansen
        >tells us that Samura-san's tenuki (hastily drawn) art will be
        >finished (probably redrawn) before it comes to them... so we'll
        >probably be seeing in the english translation of the "tenuki"
        >episodes the finished drawings from the tankobon. Just wanted to let
        >ya know. Read issue #54 to read it if ya don't believe me.
        >
        >p.s. Rin really looked cute in that issue, just my personal
        >opinion... :)

      • J. Andrew Kitkowski
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1 11:10 AM
          Actually, they're redrawn in the released tankobon. The first huge
          bit of tenuki that I saw was corrected for the 11th manga. There's
          been some after that, so we'll have to wait a couple more months for
          the 12th book to come out before we can see the finished product.

          Apparently, this happens a lot in the manga world. MnJ is the first
          manga where I really noticed it- I don't get around to reading JUMP
          or other weekly manga as much, that feature Tenuki more often.

          Thanks for the word, though!

          -Andy