Re: [manji] Last chapter (SPOILERS)

  • Andy Kitkowski
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 25, 2012
      Thanks for the update, Chris!
      (removed spoilers)

      Wow. End of an era. Yeah, that's a very long run of a manga that was supposed to be "wrapping up" some 14 years ago!

      Orie's in Tokyo now, I think I'll have her pick up one last copy of Afternoon, and I'll do one final "haven't done in six years" manga summary at the bladeoftheimmortal.net site before it expires!

      -Andy
    • wisdomoftrees
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2014
        And then another 3 years later...

        So, I waited until I actually went back to Japan this May to purchase the final volume before learning of the end.

        Who else was disappointed?

        It was an utter snore. I know that's how a lot of Japanese storytellers like to end their stories, with something vague, neutral and, for lack of a better word, asexual. But it just... leaves an awful taste in my mouth after so many years of dedication. I feel like Manji and I deserved a little more than a wet blanket for our troubles.

        ~P
      • Andy Kitkowski
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 30, 2014
          Heh, indeed. Alas.

          One could say that it was Mugen no Jyuunin/Blade of the Immortal that led to a chance meeting between me and my future wife, so for that I'm forever grateful... And yet the ending was a letdown.

          I love his art, and it's good to hear that for the most part Samura's sticking to mostly short stories and the like (gotta respect that, after some 15+ years of MnJ, Afternoon riding him like a rented mule), which are really weird and surreal, but drawn well!

          -Andy