Spoiler Volume 28

  • darkgenio76
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 7, 2011
      Nobody writes, but still I feel I owe to the creator of this community, to bring his work forward :)

      I hope this will make at least somebody happy. Ah and it would be nice to know if somebody receives it :)

      Volume 28 is out. It's an ever rising climax now. If you look well for it you may find the raws online on r a w s c a n s . c o m

      SPOILERS FOLLOW

      After Abayama last moments, a flash back in the pastm the hand of death finally takes him.
      -
      Habaki and the demons attack a village, I guess they had been told Anotsu was there. They slaughter everybody untill... the guy with the nunchaku finds Makie!!!!

      She kicks his butt and he is saved by the guy with the lance with three blades. They both run away.

      Makie chases them, but after a fighting several underlings, she is tired spits blood and finally falls in front of Habaki, who raises his sword.

      Manji enters the scene and saves Makie, plus he gives her kiss, with his saliva mixed with blood (do you remember the guy cutting people in the jail ark? manji remembers that he was using parts of his body to cure tubercolosis).

      So Manji and Makie face Habaki and the demons. Fight is almost starting when everybodu is attacked by some guys on some ships that are arriving, with arrows.

      Rin was coming as well and ANOTSU saves her from an arrow.

      So they all join and the fight starts, and that ALAS! is where the volume ends

      Cheers!!!
    • Einar Bratli
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 7, 2011
        Well, I recieved it..
        thank you!

        To: manji@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 7, 2011
          Received it as well.  And thanks for the info - This was welcome info after the recent plethora of scanlations to hit the web.  Keep em coming!

          Sean

          On Nov 7, 2011, at 5:17 PM, Einar Bratli <einarbratli@...> wrote:

          Well, I recieved it..
          thank you!

          To: manji@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 7, 2011
            I got it too.
            Now I feel like reading all the books again. :)
            I always liked the Rin and Anotsu interactions the best, so it was fun hearing that they are still going strong. XD

            I still believe that Anotsu will end up marring Rin and taking over her dojo, there in completing the circle.

            /Avihenda

            To: manji@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 7, 2011
              I appreciate it, thank you.

              It's funny, but after a long while of ignoring BotI (the prison arc got me), I recently bought all the (English translated) volumes and read from the beginning, because I couldn't even remember what happened any more. The prison arc wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be - at least not in one lump! In fact, I liked how it ended. It does seem that Samura is getting a little silly sometimes but I like that too. He's got this super-serious situation and then suddenly, out of no where, a dude with a crazy mask and a whistle

              Anyway, sorry for the digression. This volume sounds great, can't wait until it's out in English.

              Mary Pekowski
              mpekowski@...

              Say not, "Why were the former days better than these?" For it is not from wisdom that you ask this. — Ecclesiastes 7:10

            • mlle_imen@yahoo.fr
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 8, 2011

                Huge thanks to you for taking the time to write us some spoilers !!! Glad we have another "Anotsu & Rin" interaction ! Can't wait to see the scans !!

                Thanks a lot !!!:) happy

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 8, 2011
                  Heya, I'm still around too, and the spoilers are totally welcome!

                  BTW, good to see Mary here still! We'll have to have a reunion thread at some point saying what we've all been doing for the past few years. :-)

                  And you're right, the prison arc: Painful when it was happening month by month for MONTHS AND MONTHS, but when you can knock it out in an hour or so, it's much less painful.

                  Thanks, and keep up the spoiler posts!

                  -Andy

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 9, 2011
                    I read 'em too, even though I lost track of the physical manga somewhere around vol. 17. I must do a re-read one of these days and catch up!
                  • Kim WonJin
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 11, 2011
                      wow, fancy seeing everyone still here. I actually just sold off my 1-27 to book off the other day to get ready for moving. Things are moving towards the end. I remember picking up the series cause of an ex girlfriend back in 2001 and subscribing to afternoon to get my monthly fix. I'll try to stop by my bookstore and see if i can look at the recent afternoon to see what the latest happenings are.

                      If anyone is interested, i'm probably going to be selling the weapon set on ebay, so for those collectors who are interested.

                      This series is still by far in my top 3. Sad to see it come to an end.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 11, 2011
                        I just moved house this month and yesterday I found my boti books in the piles! Decided to heck with tidying, made some tea, cuddled up on the sofa and started reading. :)
                        It was interesting to see how I today focus on different things in the storie then I did 13 years ago.
                        Had a go at Mai the psychic girl too. Great fun.

                        /Avihenda

                        Skickat från min iPod