Re: BOTI artbook

  • zzled
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 5, 2008
      My order for this finally arrived and I picked it up from my local
      Kinokuniya today. :)

      It includes 102 illustrations (and 3 photos). 38 of the illustrations
      are in colour, 11 illustrations (and 2 photos) are two-page spreads.
      Only 2 illustrations are colour two-page spreads, and one of them is
      a reprint of the cover illustration.

      I think someone said before that none of the art is new (except the
      cover illustration). Looking at the index at the end of the book,
      this is true only if you've seen all the Monthly Afternoon issues and
      tankoubons. Some of the colour pages (as well as the odd B&W
      illustration) were only published in Monthly Afternoon, while the
      rest were earlier used as tankoubon covers.

      There was a silver sheet with 4 stickers in the middle of the book. I
      was quite amused by the one with lettering "Asano Doujou
      Fukkoukai" (roughly translated, the Association for Reviving the
      Asano Dojo).

      I don't think its a must-have, but I'm happy I bought it anyway. I
      paid S$54.90 for it (approx US$40 at today's exchange rate).