Vol 22 questions.

  • Sergio DArgenio
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2008
      Hei guys, I just received the Tankobon 22... in Japanese. I wonder if
      anybody of you can tell me why Kagimura's wife and son do seppuku and
      kill themselves.
      .
      Also, I'd like to know what giichi and Hiaku say when they seem to
      decide to take arms again. Are they gonna go against Ittoriu again?
      .
      By the way did you notice that in volume 22 he makes a strange use of
      tones that he has not done before? Or is it my imagination?
      Thanks a lot to anybody who can answer
      Ciao
      Sergio
    • ~Adam
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 4, 2008
        I don't read Japanese but my guess was that she found out about what
        an evil tyrant he had become and that was the only way to preserve her
        and her son's honor. Things like him being in charge of medical
        experiments that led to the deaths of hundreds of people, or currently
        being the leader of a group of mercenaries that intimidate and torture
        people for information about Itto Ryo members.

        Oh and he has a mistress and illegitimate daughter...so one of those
        things probably did it.

        --- In manji@yahoogroups.com, "Sergio DArgenio" <darkgenio76@...> wrote:

        > Hey guys, I just received the Tankobon 22... in Japanese. I wonder if
        > anybody of you can tell me why Kagimura's wife and son do seppuku and
        > kill themselves.
        > .
        > Also, I'd like to know what giichi and Hiaku say when they seem to
        > decide to take arms again. Are they gonna go against Ittoriu again?
        > .
        > By the way did you notice that in volume 22 he makes a strange use of
        > tones that he has not done before? Or is it my imagination?
        > Thanks a lot to anybody who can answer
        > Ciao
        > Sergio

      • giacomo.margotti
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 4, 2008
          That's not it, they killed themselves out of respect for Habaki. That
          was a very patriarcal society, and they killed themselves so that
          they would not harm Habaki's plan (since Ugen was playing right into
          Anotsu's hand by kidnapping Habaki's family to keep him at bay.....
          you've read vol 21 right? ;).

          as for hyakurin and giichi, i dunno.

          and what about the "tones" you say?

          --- In manji@yahoogroups.com, "~Adam" <oswald895@...> wrote:

          > I don't read Japanese but my guess was that she found out about what
          > an evil tyrant he had become and that was the only way to preserve
          her
          > and her son's honor. Things like him being in charge of medical
          > experiments that led to the deaths of hundreds of people, or
          currently
          > being the leader of a group of mercenaries that intimidate and
          torture
          > people for information about Itto Ryo members.
          >
          > Oh and he has a mistress and illegitimate daughter...so one of those
          > things probably did it.
          >

          > --- In manji@yahoogroups.com, "Sergio DArgenio" <darkgenio76@>
          wrote:

          > > Hey guys, I just received the Tankobon 22... in Japanese. I
          wonder if
          > > anybody of you can tell me why Kagimura's wife and son do seppuku
          and
          > > kill themselves.
          > > .
          > > Also, I'd like to know what giichi and Hiaku say when they seem to
          > > decide to take arms again. Are they gonna go against Ittoriu
          again?
          > > .
          > > By the way did you notice that in volume 22 he makes a strange
          use of
          > > tones that he has not done before? Or is it my imagination?
          > > Thanks a lot to anybody who can answer
          > > Ciao
          > > Sergio

        • ~A
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 4, 2008
            OK, that makes sense. Speaking of things I've wondered about while
            checking out the new Japanese books... can anyone explain what the
            hell happens between Rin and Manji in these two pages?

            They're in their beds talking...Manji points out how Rin reminds him
            of his little sister...Rin crawls over acts like she's about to kiss
            him...looks under his sheet...gets freaked out or embarrassed I guess.
            THEN in the next page, Manji has a bloody nose and hand prints on his
            face. Huh??

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 4, 2008
              OK, so now my theory is he said something really crass or tried
              something and she smacked the shit out of him, and is content to hold
              hands.

              --- In manji@yahoogroups.com, "~A" <oswald895@...> wrote:

              > They're in their beds talking...Manji points out how Rin reminds him
              > of his little sister...Rin crawls over acts like she's about to kiss
              > him...looks under his sheet...gets freaked out or embarrassed I guess.
              > THEN in the next page, Manji has a bloody nose and hand prints on his
              > face. Huh??

            • giacomo.margotti
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 5, 2008
                it goes on like this (it's :
                "say, manji, am i still your sister's look-a-like?"
                "no"
                "oh. So.... since i'm not, you remember you bought me, when we met,
                don't you?"
                "yeah"
                "sooo...... you know..... you could do anything to me, right?"
                "right"
                "then come here"
                (rin goes pale, goes toward manji crawling..... but she cannot fathom
                to go on!)
                "i'm sorry master..... what should i do next?"
                "i was -A JOKE- if you didn't realize it"

                SLAP SLAP

                "goodnight!", and yeah they switch places so that thay can hold hands.