Re: [manji] Re: Ch. 153 (Afternoon) (Spoilery summary) (Correction)

  • Melinda Jansson
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2007
      C. Whichever poster it was who floated the idea of an Anotsu/Rin
      > pairing way back totally called it.

      I think we have a bit of a fan following of that  pairing, more then just one of us  going for it. If I remember correctly we where 3-4 girls hoping for it ^_^

      I can't wait to see the anoutsu/rin pages <3 I just love when they interact!

      /Avihenda

      On 2/28/07, melanierain <melanierain@...> wrote:

      Regarding the summary, I realized that my translation of the last
      bit of the chapter was inaccurate.

      It should read something like the following:

      9. Anotsu then asks Rin, "Everything that's happened with you since
      the battle at Suwa" (the last time they saw each other, back in
      Volume 14, I think), "...if you have time, would you mind talking
      about it for a little bit?"

      Anotsu is basically asking her to tell him about what's happened to
      her since the battle at Suwa. This request for idle chitchat from
      her mortal enemy probably accounts for Rin's stunned/angry reaction.
      Hahaha, nice.

      Melanierain

      --- In manji@yahoogroups.com, "melanierain" <melanierain@...> wrote:

      > Hi, everyone! I'm a long-time lurker, first-time poster. I just
      read
      > the latest chapter of BOTI, and there's some good stuff. Here's a
      > half-assed summary, limited by my lack of kanji.
      >
      > 1. The first part starts with Habaki getting a report from his
      > subordinates, informing him that Sakuratou and his wife
      > have...something (escaped?) and apparently are at Ugen's house.
      They
      > also deliver some information that deeply shocks Habaki.
      > 2. Ryou, Habaki's daughter (I think), is treating a wound on her
      > arm. Habaki helps her with the bandage. He asks her if Shima told
      > her anything, but she denies it. Habaki tells her not to lie, and
      > she flashes back to a noblewoman telling her to get the hell out,
      > while she's sprawled on the ground. She says some other things I
      > have no way of translating, and Ryou relays this to her father and
      > then apologizes. I think she defends the woman (who I assume is
      > Sakuratou's wife) for acting the way she did; she then says that
      she
      > really likes Sakuratou and his wife.
      > 3. Habaki meets with Ryou, Tanpopo, Meguru, and the others. He
      > informs them that in seven days, he intends to (can't
      > translate...something bad, I guess...destroy, whatever) Anotsu.
      Dun
> [...]
      > 6. Anotsu asks her what she's doing, following him to Richigi, and
      > tells her to go back. Rin gets mad, even though she wonders what
      on
      > earth she was intending to do, following Anotsu by herself,
      without
      > Manji. She has the intention of asking him something, but before
      she
      > gets very far, Anotsu points to lower on the hill, indicating
      > several Rokkidan (Rotsukidan, or the creepy guys in masks)
      > approaching. Rin has seen them before, I think.
      > 7. Anotsu is about to draw his sword to deal with them, but to
      stop
      > him, Rin grabs Anotsu and pulls him down to the ground. She then
      > uses her scarf and Manji's jacket to conceal Anotsu, as their
      backs
      > are turned to the Rokkidan. When they come within earshot, Rin
      > addresses Anotsu as Manji-san. The leader of the group recognizes
      > Rin and believes that the person with her is Manji, so he and the
      > others leave.
      > 8. Rin heaves a sigh of relief, while Anotsu chides her for doing
      > something so unnecessary. He goes on to explain why. I'm not sure,
      > but he may have left the town so as to buy some time, and Rin may
      > have ruined his plan. Or something. Rin, at any rate, is pissed at
      > his apparent lack of gratitude and mock-apologizes, saying that
      next
      > time she'll be sure to tell them exactly where he is. Anotsu says
      > that she's thoughtless, and makes some comment about the bond
      > between her and the Ittouryuu. After telling her more or less that
      > she's ruined everything, Anotsu says "Fine...it's too late...sit
      > down." Which Rin does, thinking that Anotsu is patronizing her and
      > basically saying, "You're an idiot for helping me."
      > 9. Anotsu then asks her that if, after the Suwa battle, she has
      > time, would she talk with him for a little? Rin responds by
      gasping
      > in shock/indignation and blushing like crazy, and thus the chapter
      > ends.
      >
      > Brief thoughts:
      >
      > A. The whole Anotsu-Rin sequence is classic. It seems like each
      time
      > they meet, the tone is much lighter. It's also interesting that
      this
      > meeting keeps the pattern of accidental encounters. Each time Rin
      > has met Anotsu, it's been pure coincidence.
      > B. The art looks a little off this chapter, especially the ears
      (an
      > odd detail to notice, I know).
      > C. Whichever poster it was who floated the idea of an Anotsu/Rin
      > pairing way back totally called it. Ahahaha, poor Rin; it's never
      > good idea to develop a crush on your /sworn enemy/. Also, the
      women
      > connected to Anotsu tend to meet bad ends (Hisoka, probably Makie,
      > who has some kind of wasting illness, and so on). Pairing or not,

    • kim won jin
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2007
        i'm not one for this pairing >.< but i know it won't happen. my book store has been really slow about getting after and ultra jump *sigh* i should have pics for everyone in two weeks or so :p

        thanks melanie for the trans.