MnJ/BotI: "The Last Chapter" has begun

  • J. Andrew Kitkowski
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2006
      So I got my Afternoon comic in the mail today, and since Genshiken,
      LoveRoma and others are over, I end up flipping right to MnJ.

      Sure enough, as was hinted before, in huge kanji on the title picture
      it says "The Last Chapter". I don't know how many episodes this
      chapeter will last, but we've finally got a commitment on when it's
      going to end (it might take another year or so, or it could be over in
      6 months, who knows?).

      Anyway, just wanted to let you all know. The comic has reached its
      final stretch in Japan.

      I'll have a summary with spoilers in a bit.

      -Andy
    • Jeremy McKinney
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2006
        thanks andy,

        i hope this last chapter runs for another year plus. i just love the manga too much for it to end now :( plus i'm still wondering where the old woman went to, and once manji kills his needed amount, is he just going to lose his immortatlity, or will he die? shira still has to make his freaky apperance, since he's been gone for quite some time. and magatsu needs his revenge on him still. anotsu and makie will they ever come to be. so many things, so little time(hopefully not)

        and off topic, does anyone yet have a double of the makie weapon set? i keep getting doubles of everyone elses weapons, so i'm up for trading or buying, please let me know.

        looking forward to your summary andy. i just moved to san diego and the kinokuniya is just a little bit from me, so i'm hoping i can start contributing here as well :D

                                      jeremy

        On 9/1/06, J. Andrew Kitkowski <nekosith@...> wrote:

        So I got my Afternoon comic in the mail today, and since Genshiken,
        LoveRoma and others are over, I end up flipping right to MnJ.

        Sure enough, as was hinted before, in huge kanji on the title picture
        it says "The Last Chapter". I don't know how many episodes this
        chapeter will last, but we've finally got a commitment on when it's
        going to end (it might take another year or so, or it could be over in
        6 months, who knows?).

        Anyway, just wanted to let you all know. The comic has reached its
        final stretch in Japan.

        I'll have a summary with spoilers in a bit.

        -Andy

      • Sean Ogden
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 1, 2006
          Ah, the final chapter - I can't help but let the sadness creep in (even though it will take at least another two years for MnJ to come to its official end in the states), still, it's nice to know that I'll have the complete collection of what is easily one of the best manga (or any "picture-book," for that matter) ever devised.  Hopefully Samura has another series cooking!

          On 9/1/06, J. Andrew Kitkowski <nekosith@z-builder. com> wrote:
          So I got my Afternoon comic in the mail today, and since Genshiken,
          LoveRoma and others are over, I end up flipping right to MnJ.

          Sure enough, as was hinted before, in huge kanji on the title picture
          it says "The Last Chapter". I don't know how many episodes this
          chapeter will last, but we've finally got a commitment on when it's
          going to end (it might take another year or so, or it could be over in
          6 months, who knows?).

          Anyway, just wanted to let you all know. The comic has reached its
          final stretch in Japan.

          I'll have a summary with spoilers in a bit.

          -Andy

        • Julie =^-^= miew miew
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 1, 2006
            >Hopefully Samura has another series cooking!

            I remember seeing a drawing by samura in one of the afternoon manga that
            looked like cowboy/far-west style. Anybody know what that was all about? If
            not, I could scan the picture... and someone can translate all that kanji
            for me? hehe. I don't think its about another series though, maybe just some
            drawing samura did for fun? eh

            Julie

            >From: Sean Ogden <oghead@...>
            >To: manji@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [manji] MnJ/BotI: "The Last Chapter" has begun
            >Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 13:04:14 -0700 (PDT)
            >
            >Ah, the final chapter - I can't help but let the sadness creep in (even
            >though it will take at least another two years for MnJ to come to its
            >official end in the states), still, it's nice to know that I'll have the
            >complete collection of what is easily one of the best manga (or any
            >"picture-book," for that matter) ever devised. Hopefully Samura has
            >another series cooking!
            >
            >Jeremy McKinney <iijyanaikAha@...> wrote:
            >thanks andy,
            >
            > i hope this last chapter runs for another year plus. i just love the
            >manga too much for it to end now :( plus i'm still wondering where the old
            >woman went to, and once manji kills his needed amount, is he just going to
            >lose his immortatlity, or will he die? shira still has to make his freaky
            >apperance, since he's been gone for quite some time. and magatsu needs his
            >revenge on him still. anotsu and makie will they ever come to be. so many
            >things, so little time(hopefully not)
            >
            > and off topic, does anyone yet have a double of the makie weapon set? i
            >keep getting doubles of everyone elses weapons, so i'm up for trading or
            >buying, please let me know.
            >
            > looking forward to your summary andy. i just moved to san diego and the
            >kinokuniya is just a little bit from me, so i'm hoping i can start
            >contributing here as well :D
            >
            > jeremy
            >

            > On 9/1/06, J. Andrew Kitkowski <nekosith@...> wrote: So I
            >got my Afternoon comic in the mail today, and since Genshiken,
            >LoveRoma and others are over, I end up flipping right to MnJ.
            >
            >Sure enough, as was hinted before, in huge kanji on the title picture
            >it says "The Last Chapter". I don't know how many episodes this
            >chapeter will last, but we've finally got a commitment on when it's
            >going to end (it might take another year or so, or it could be over in
            >6 months, who knows?).
            >
            >Anyway, just wanted to let you all know. The comic has reached its
            >final stretch in Japan.
            >
            >I'll have a summary with spoilers in a bit.
            >
            >-Andy

            >---------------------------------
            >Get your email and more, right on the new Yahoo.com
          • J. Andrew Kitkowski
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 2, 2006
              Ahh, a few months ago Samura wrote a 40 or so page comic to replace
              MnJ for one month, it was basically the physical characters from MnJ
              (Rin, Manji, Hyakurin etc with different names, personalities, etc but
              still their same striking features) in a small western-era blood
              opera. I'll try to throw up a few scans in the next 2 weeks.

              -Andy

              >Hopefully Samura has another series cooking!

              I remember seeing a drawing by samura in one of the afternoon manga
              that looked like cowboy/far-west style. Anybody know what that was all
              about? If not, I could scan the picture... and someone can translate
              all that kanji for me? hehe. I don't think its about another series
              though, maybe just some drawing samura did for fun? eh

              Julie
            • Melinda Jansson
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 2, 2006
                ah, so the end is finally sneaking up on us. I think we've discussed the end of Blade for as long as I've been on the list.
                This is probably also a very good wake up call for me to buy the blade books I'm missing. I gotta have the complete set :-)

                What I would like to know is if Anutso (spelling...) and Rin will end up married at the end of the series. Poetic justice or something like that. I hope he shows up soon, he's been gone for what? a book now or something.

                Thanks Andy for telling us!

                /Avihenda

                On 9/2/06, J. Andrew Kitkowski <nekosith@... > wrote:

                Ahh, a few months ago Samura wrote a 40 or so page comic to replace
                MnJ for one month, it was basically the physical characters from MnJ
                (Rin, Manji, Hyakurin etc with different names, personalities, etc but
                still their same striking features) in a small western-era blood
                opera. I'll try to throw up a few scans in the next 2 weeks.

                -Andy

                >Hopefully Samura has another series cooking!

                I remember seeing a drawing by samura in one of the afternoon manga
                that looked like cowboy/far-west style. Anybody know what that was all
                about? If not, I could scan the picture... and someone can translate
                all that kanji for me? hehe. I don't think its about another series
                though, maybe just some drawing samura did for fun? eh

                Julie

              • madame_manga
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 2, 2006
                  --- In manji@yahoogroups.com, "J. Andrew Kitkowski" <nekosith@...> wrote:

                  > Ahh, a few months ago Samura wrote a 40 or so page comic to replace
                  > MnJ for one month, it was basically the physical characters from MnJ
                  > (Rin, Manji, Hyakurin etc with different names, personalities, etc but
                  > still their same striking features) in a small western-era blood
                  > opera. I'll try to throw up a few scans in the next 2 weeks.
                  >
                  > -Andy

                  Thanks from me! I'll be interested to see that. I gather this is not
                  Emerald, but something along the same lines? Gee, I wonder if Samura
                  is a Gun Frontier fan. :D

                  MM
                • Ang

                    >Hopefully Samura has another series cooking!

                    I remember seeing a drawing by samura in one of the afternoon manga
                    that looked like cowboy/far-west style. Anybody know what that was all
                    about? If not, I could scan the picture... and someone can translate
                    all that kanji for me? hehe. I don't think its about another series
                    though, maybe just some drawing samura did for fun? eh

                    Julie

                    Do you Yahoo!?

                  • Ojiichan
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 18, 2006
                      No official translation. There is a "scanlation" floating around the internet. if you really
                      want it you should have no trouble finding it. I own the original Afternoon magazine.