Re: [manji] BLAME! anime U.S. release! Could manga far behind?

  • Tim Ervin
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1 9:23 AM
      I would have loved to get that one. Instead, someone else secured it,
      and is apparently sitting on it.

      I'm guessing Del Rey has it. Ask them.

      --tim

      On Feb 28, 2005, at 6:14 PM, discomunication wrote:

      > Time to ask the question again. When?....will the manga see an english
      > release that is. Media Blaster will be releasing the BLAME! anime
      > soon. They are using the tag line "Before the Matrix there was BLAME!"
      > I wonder how much 30 minutes of anime is worth in American dollars....
      > -Jesse
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Timothy L. Ervin
      Editor
      Dark Horse Comics, Inc.
    • Jon Reid
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1 9:25 AM
        Actually Tokyopop got Blame! They will start butcher... err, I mean
        publishing it in August.

        Jon

        On Mar 1, 2005, at 12:23 PM, Tim Ervin wrote:

        > I would have loved to get that one. Instead, someone else secured it,
        > and is apparently sitting on it.
        >
        > I'm guessing Del Rey has it. Ask them.
        >
        > --tim
        >

        > On Feb 28, 2005, at 6:14 PM, discomunication wrote:
        >

        > > Time to ask the question again. When?....will the manga see an
        > english
        > > release that is. Media Blaster will be releasing the BLAME! anime
        > > soon. They are using the tag line "Before the Matrix there was
        > BLAME!"
        > > I wonder how much 30 minutes of anime is worth in American
        > dollars....
        > > -Jesse
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >

        > Timothy L. Ervin
        > Editor
        > Dark Horse Comics, Inc.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        > <22305_0205_016_b_300250_a.gif>
        > <l.gif>
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > Service.

      • Andy Kitkowski
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1 9:38 AM
          Luckily, Blame! only has like 7 lines of text for the entire first
          manga, so there's probably not too much to butcher. Until later
          volumes, that is. :-)

          -Andy

          > Actually Tokyopop got Blame! They will start butcher... err, I mean
          > publishing it in August.
        • Jon Reid
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1 9:49 AM
            Hahaha. This is also true. Has anyone read Biomega? It's Nihei's latest
            work. It's much more fleshed out than blame was. There is a heck of a
            lot more dialogue. Tim you guys should pursue that one. I know you
            don't usually condone fan-translations, but one of the groups, Evil
            Genius, did the whole first volume. I really like it, actually almost
            more than I like blame. I'm a little anxious for some of it. I want to
            know where the story is headed, and how much more he can flesh out the
            characters. Another Manga I'm interested in is Samurai Champloo. I love
            the anime, but the Manga is supposed to be sort of like Trigun. I've
            been collecting Trigun for a while now. I have all of the Japanese
            copies of Trigun Maximum, and was pleased when I saw Dark horse was
            going to do it. So far it's been really well done. The Champloo manga
            has a similar art style to Trigun. There are obvious influences. It's
            fun though, and would probably be a good seller.

            -Jon

            On Mar 1, 2005, at 12:38 PM, Andy Kitkowski wrote:

            > Luckily, Blame! only has like 7 lines of text for the entire first
            > manga, so there's probably not too much to butcher. Until later
            > volumes, that is. :-)
            >
            > -Andy
            >
            >> Actually Tokyopop got Blame! They will start butcher... err, I mean
            >> publishing it in August.
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Tim Ervin
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 1 10:24 AM
              Thanks, I'll look into those. I have a hard time believing Samurai
              Champloo isn't taken yet, but we'll see.

              On Mar 1, 2005, at 9:49 AM, Jon Reid wrote:

              > Hahaha. This is also true. Has anyone read Biomega? It's Nihei's latest
              > work. It's much more fleshed out than blame was. There is a heck of a
              > lot more dialogue. Tim you guys should pursue that one. I know you
              > don't usually condone fan-translations, but one of the groups, Evil
              > Genius, did the whole first volume. I really like it, actually almost
              > more than I like blame. I'm a little anxious for some of it. I want to
              > know where the story is headed, and how much more he can flesh out the
              > characters. Another Manga I'm interested in is Samurai Champloo. I love
              > the anime, but the Manga is supposed to be sort of like Trigun. I've
              > been collecting Trigun for a while now. I have all of the Japanese
              > copies of Trigun Maximum, and was pleased when I saw Dark horse was
              > going to do it. So far it's been really well done. The Champloo manga
              > has a similar art style to Trigun. There are obvious influences. It's
              > fun though, and would probably be a good seller.
              >
              > -Jon
              >
              > On Mar 1, 2005, at 12:38 PM, Andy Kitkowski wrote:
              >

              >> Luckily, Blame! only has like 7 lines of text for the entire first
              >> manga, so there's probably not too much to butcher. Until later
              >> volumes, that is. :-)
              >>
              >> -Andy
              >>
              >>> Actually Tokyopop got Blame! They will start butcher... err, I mean
              >>> publishing it in August.
              >>

              >> Yahoo! Groups Links

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              Timothy L. Ervin