RE: [manji] Samura doujinshi

  • no comment
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 1, 2004
      Yeah, it's pretty twisted stuff. I won the anthology it was originally
      published in a while back on yahoo JP. Samura was the only stand out artist
      as usual. I think Tamaoki benkyo was the compiler. The blue pencil back
      cover is my favourite.
      Anyone have any news on what Samura is doing at the moment? The last I heard
      was the drawing in that Manga Erotics Ko-gal Tankoubon thing, the name
      eludes me at the moment.... If I wasn't soooo lazy I'd go check my shelf ,
      more Hito stuff (wasn't he meant to be wrapping this up for the artbook that
      is said to be released later on in the year?) in "scenery with H vol.2"
      which I don't have yet and the drawing of that blonde computer/scientist
      from Eva in Evangelion Ace.

      On another note, I recently obtained a copy of Nihei's Artbook "BLAME! And
      so on". While overall it was rather good I had hoped it would include more
      on his limited comic "Bear" which was only listed as a convention poster. I
      was also a bit annoyed at the way Dead Heads was set out, it was so SMALL.
      At least I own the original, however it would have been nice to have it
      printed better quality than that of afternoon, which I feel hurts Nihei's
      work a bit. Hey, I guess I'm just picky. I also recommend anyone who enjoyed
      this book or any of Nihei's work to try and hunt down all three vol's of
      Redfang on Yahoo jp. I'll go as far to say that I enjoyed his contributions
      to the doujinshi series even more than Samura's (I still list Samura as my
      favourite artist^_^)! Especially Vol.2 and 3. They're hard to get but well
      worth it. Any news on his next project after BLAME! will be?

      Shea

      >Happy holidays everybody! Yes, the list has been quiet lately, so I
      >don't feel too guilty about posting this. Someone from France saw my
      >Ohikkoshi translations and sent me scans of a pretty cool doujinshi
      >Samura did a while back. It's called, "Night of the Succubus", and
      >in case you can't tell by the title it's definitely not for kids.
      >Still if you're interested in checking out his darker work, I posted
      >the zip file he sent to my website. It will only be there for a
      >little while, so download it now if you're interested. After all,
      >what better Christmas gift is there than 7 megs of vampire porn?
      >
      >http://userpages.umbc.edu/~cmould1/temp/
      >
      >---
      >Clint

      Get reliable dial-up Internet access now with our limited-time introductory
      offer. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup
    • no comment
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 2, 2004
        Just checked out the zip and thought I should point out that the last 4
        images are not from the doujinshi. The are from his Hito De Nashi Koi series
        when it was still running in "Tokyo H". Technically amazing but poor
        subject matter kinda' jealous of this Samura nut. Clint, you mind sending me
        his email address? Off the list of course. I wouldn't mind comparing his
        Samura collection.

        Shea

        >Happy holidays everybody! Yes, the list has been quiet lately, so I
        >don't feel too guilty about posting this. Someone from France saw my
        >Ohikkoshi translations and sent me scans of a pretty cool doujinshi
        >Samura did a while back. It's called, "Night of the Succubus", and
        >in case you can't tell by the title it's definitely not for kids.
        >Still if you're interested in checking out his darker work, I posted
        >the zip file he sent to my website. It will only be there for a
        >little while, so download it now if you're interested. After all,
        >what better Christmas gift is there than 7 megs of vampire porn?
        >
        >http://userpages.umbc.edu/~cmould1/temp/
        >
        >---
        >Clint

        Worried about inbox overload? Get MSN Extra Storage now!
        http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es
      • moonjunio
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 7, 2004
          gorgeous new site!
          and please do host the vampire thingy...i missed out :(
          moonjune

          --- In manji@yahoogroups.com, "J. Andrew Kitkowski" <tenchu@z...>
          wrote:
          > Damn awesome of you, dude. If you break your bandwidth, let me know
          and
          > I'll host it for a month or so after.
          >
          > Oh, and everyone else: Baby steps. The outline/main page of the new
          site is
          > up at www.z-builder.com/manga/mugen , and now I'm systematically
          going
          > through each section, making changes, starting with the summaries.
          >
          > Happy holidays!
          >
          > -Andy

        • Neil Appears Suddenly
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 7, 2004
            hey, i'm doing this off-list to a) hide my stupidity and b) save everyone my
            ignoramus's drivel.

            what are the links to the "Succubus work"? I tried the SAMURA link from the
            first page and the SAMURA+ link from the Ohikkoshi page but didn't see it. i
            know i'm being dumb but could u walk me through to it? you may have taken it
            down already but i'd really love to check it out. thanks!

            space man neil...

            Happy holidays everybody! Yes, the list has been quiet lately, so I
            don't feel too guilty about posting this. Someone from France saw my
            Ohikkoshi translations and sent me scans of a pretty cool doujinshi
            Samura did a while back. It's called, "Night of the Succubus", and
            in case you can't tell by the title it's definitely not for kids.
            Still if you're interested in checking out his darker work, I posted
            the zip file he sent to my website. It will only be there for a
            little while, so download it now if you're interested. After all,
            what better Christmas gift is there than 7 megs of vampire porn?

            http://userpages.umbc.edu/~cmould1/temp/

            ---
            Clint

            providers now. https://broadband.msn.com
          • Kaon
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 7, 2004
              Hi People ^_^

              It's been taken down - probably not a good idea to keep doujin of that
              nature on a EDU account. I have uploaded the file to my ftp account, you
              can get it at

              http://members.iinet.net.au/~ronin8317/samura.zip

              It should be there until I need my webspace again.

              Cheers
              From
              Ronin

              "manji@yahoogroups.com" wrote:

              > hey, i'm doing this off-list to a) hide my stupidity and b) save everyone
              > my
              > ignoramus's drivel.
              >
              > what are the links to the "Succubus work"? I tried the SAMURA link from
              > the
              > first page and the SAMURA+ link from the Ohikkoshi page but didn't see it.
              > know i'm being dumb but could u walk me through to it? you may have taken
              > it
              > down already but i'd really love to check it out. thanks!
              >
              > space man neil...

            • J. Andrew Kitkowski
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 16, 2004
                Thanks to everyone who put up with the wait.

                I finally had enough time today to sit down, scan pictures up to today, and
                continue the rebuild of my Blade of the Immortal/Mugen no Jyuunin site. I
                noticed that in the server move some of the summary pages were lost, so I
                was thrown back to episode 106 (the latest episode is 119, over a year
                later). Luckily, all the pictures were still there save for one missing
                episode, but unfortunately, since I don't have the original pages that I
                scanned, I'll have to retell the story from memory in lots of places, which
                means the summaries will be kinda short.

                Anyway, http://www.z-builder.com/manga/mugen is where the page begins.
                Currently, only the Manga Summaries link is functional. Expect summaries to
                be updated daily (I'm actually adding more tonight before I sleep) until
                we're caught up.

                -Andy
              • Vanessa Solis
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 17, 2004
                  Thank you so much for all your hard work.

                  >From: "J. Andrew Kitkowski" <tenchu@...>
                  >To: <manji@yahoogroups.com>
                  >Subject: [manji] Manga Summaries Live Again!
                  >Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:54:08 -0500
                  >
                  >Thanks to everyone who put up with the wait.
                  >
                  >I finally had enough time today to sit down, scan pictures up to today, and
                  >continue the rebuild of my Blade of the Immortal/Mugen no Jyuunin site. I
                  >noticed that in the server move some of the summary pages were lost, so I
                  >was thrown back to episode 106 (the latest episode is 119, over a year
                  >later). Luckily, all the pictures were still there save for one missing
                  >episode, but unfortunately, since I don't have the original pages that I
                  >scanned, I'll have to retell the story from memory in lots of places, which
                  >means the summaries will be kinda short.
                  >
                  >Anyway, http://www.z-builder.com/manga/mugen is where the page begins.
                  >Currently, only the Manga Summaries link is functional. Expect summaries
                  >be updated daily (I'm actually adding more tonight before I sleep) until
                  >we're caught up.
                  >
                  >-Andy

                • J. Andrew Kitkowski
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 17, 2004
                    Update 2: Episodes 107-110 (4 episodes) and pictures are live. Enjoy!

                    http://www.z-builder.com/manga/mugen

                    Wed and Thurs night will be kinda busy, so not sure how many I'll have in
                    the next two days, but the rest of the updates will be completed by the end
                    of this weekend. I'll also be posting MnJ and Afternoon auction goods, some
                    new color pictures, wallpapers, etc. For real! :-)

                    -Andy
                  • fujita_gorou
                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 18, 2004
                      --- In manji@yahoogroups.com, "J. Andrew Kitkowski" <tenchu@z...> wrote:
                      > Update 2: Episodes 107-110 (4 episodes) and pictures are live. Enjoy!
                      >
                      > http://www.z-builder.com/manga/mugen
                      >
                      > Wed and Thurs night will be kinda busy, so not sure how many I'll
                      have in
                      > the next two days, but the rest of the updates will be completed by
                      the end
                      > of this weekend. I'll also be posting MnJ and Afternoon auction
                      goods, some
                      > new color pictures, wallpapers, etc. For real! :-)

                      Bring on the goodies! ^_^ Please post again when your site has this
                      stuff up. I love the new look to the front page, but I don't know if
                      the javascript links are dead because I'm using Mozilla or because
                      they don't link anywhere yet.

                      I refuse to look at Japanese auction sites cuz I don't want to see
                      all the cool stuff no one will ship to me, so Andy's auctions are a
                      special occasion. Hey wait a minute, why am I drumming up interest
                      in stuff I might bid on? :)

                      ---
                      Clint