Re: [manji] Re: Need new manga to read!! And Bitch's life Artbook on my shelf^_^

  • Molly Browne
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2002
      So what's Nausicaa about?

      --- jjouyang <jjouyang@...> wrote:
      > Just got the Nausicaa manga set from Viz.
      > Read the first volume so far and it's hella good!
      > It's an epic tale...go find it and read it NOW!
      > btw, Akira manga is pretty good too. And has anyone
      > read "Phoenix" by
      > Osamu Tezuka?
      >
      > JJ
      >
      > --- In manji@y..., "Mary Pekowski" <mary@j...>

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • manji_ronin
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 2, 2002
        Thanks for the recommendations guys. I will have to check out
        Nausicaa. I have just received translations for the first 5 Eden
        vol.'s and the first 6 BLAME! !!! I was also given permission by
        the translator to pass them along to any one who needs them!
        So does any one want them?? How do I give you a copy? Can I
        put them in the files bit for this group??
      • dmforcier
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 3, 2002

          > So what's Nausicaa about?

          Some chick.

          Oh, and bunch of fungus.

          DMF
        • RadicalEdward131@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 4, 2002
            I know I could use the translations for BLAME! I had found a page earlier
            that had translations but when I compared them to the manga it was as if the
            logs were mislabeled or the translator had skipped sections. Needless to say
            I found them a bit confusing. But if I could get the translations from you,
            that would be great. Thanks for the offers!

            ed
          • dark_deathscythe
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 5, 2002
              READ BERSERK-MORE BLOOD AND GUTS THAN BOI. VERY GOOD STORYLINE TOO.
              FRUITS BASKET-VERY VERY FUNNY AND VERY GOOD STORY
              VIOLINIST OF HAMELN-ALSO A VERY FUNNY MANGA SERIES
              3X3 EYES, GUYVER. MAHOROMATIC-HILARIOUS BUT LITTLE ECCHI.
              > I really need to find some good manga to read other than MnJ.
              > >>

              > Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
              > Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
              > and did I mention, Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind? ;)
              >
              > Seriously now, I can't make a better recomendation, I can't even
              think of
              > anything that compares to Nausicaa.
              >
              > Mary P.
            • Aika
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 7, 2002
                for those living in the US i heard that Viz is coming
                out with the English version of Shonen Jumps? Meaning
                that they'll carry lots of popular titles like Rave,
                Shaman King and Naruto, which are all quite good reads
                - especially Naruto. Worth checking out, this title.

                http://www.geocities.com/seamstress_of_nikki

                http://health.yahoo.com
              • Jesse Wooden
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 8, 2002
                  >for those living in the US i heard that Viz is coming
                  >out with the English version of Shonen Jumps? Meaning
                  >that they'll carry lots of popular titles like Rave,
                  >Shaman King and Naruto, which are all quite good reads
                  >- especially Naruto. Worth checking out, this title.

                  Actually Rave is published in Jump's rival publication, Shonen Sunday. Viz must be translating all of the titles from the begining, but I heard they won't be doing one Jump's most popular titles in recent memory Rurouni Kenshin. But will they be reaching all the way back to the begining for Yu Gi Oh and Jo's Bizzare Adventure? JBA is actualy told in arcs that are generations apart, but I would think readers would be curious about the first two story arcs if they are going to fallow the arc that is currently running in Jump. Jump also has One Piece and I think Black Cat is picking up in popularity as the artist was an asistant to Watsuki Nobuhiro and his art is sometimes reminisant of RK. This might not be a good thing for Viz though, because other than the titles named above Jump is full of crap these days. A lot of the good series that ran in it ended years ago. If Viz doesn't reach back in the Jump catalog they could be publishing the same crap.