the upcoming update, and Jin-Roh

  • get_your_fix@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2001
      whoa... andy, from what Jesse said about what happened in the latest
      Afternoon, I wouldn't mind waiting a little while longer if ya put in
      the summary for this month's issue too (August 2001, if it has aready
      arrived, by the way). take all the time you need, I'm a patient guy.
      gosh, tell us what happened at the nice little party the Itto-ryu
      had, ok?

      by the way, I just watched Jin-Roh, and the opening scene brings back
      memories... ah, street protests... we had a lot of those here in the
      good ol' Philippines... yes, our country has everything a tourist
      would love to see in a country. Terrorist kidnappings, protests,
      daily crime, police doing those crimes, bribery, police doing the
      bribes, and the list goes on and on... but don't worry, we're very
      hospitable and nice people. Honest! :D

      Back to Jin-Roh, Hajime Mizoguchi did a nice job composing the music,
      it's dark, atmospheric with all those strings... It adds to the dark,
      depressing tone of the movie. Plus that vocal thing at the end
      credits... wow. Truly a movie that makes you think about the lines of
      good and evil, and what it means to be human. Something like that.
      (spoilers)
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      .
      the ending is reminiscent of some japanese movie I saw once, called
      Fuyajou or something like that, in that both are kinda lonely and
      that the characters kinda ended up the same way... and I have doubts
      if Fuse was the one who killed the girl's sister at the last scene,
      or was it the Jin-Roh member sniping from that shack. If he did kill
      the girl, it means he'll be an "wolf" forever, like his mentor
      said... If he didn't, it proves he has a little spark of humanity
      within him, like the scene where he hesitated earlier in shooting the
      short-haired hood girl who blew herself up. To anyone who's seen the
      movie, did Fuse kill her? I just want to make sure.
    • Jesse Wooden
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2001
        >gosh, tell us what happened at the nice little party the Itto-ryu
        >had, ok?

        Yeah, after looking at the issue a couple of times I think that actually is
        the Itto-ryu party. It's just been so long since then that I had forgotten.
        I know this was stated around this time last year, but I think the story is
        steadily on it's way to a concluesion. Keep in mind that this is a monthly
        series (not weekly) and this could go on for another year and a half or so
        or all of a sudden it could turn into "Itto-ryu on the run" or "The battle
        to save the Itto-ryu". Who knows?

        -Jesse